6/1 Orioles @ M's

24HOR

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not for trading any of our pitching excess until we are confident we know who qualifies as excess. That's not happening before next year.

I agree. I hope all of the young guys succeed but history and common sense say they will not. Good pitching is IMO the hardest thing to find, unless you are the NYY who can far over pay.

No team has long term answers at every position. A serviceable 3rd Baseman can suffice.

Is it me or is the camera crew a bit off tonight? Two replays playing while we missed strike three counts to end a couple half innings tonight. One they at least replayed the missed third pitch, the other just went to break. I kind of prefer keeping up with live action. :-p

-Don

I won't be convinced Nick is out of his slump until he hits a couple balls with authority into right or right center.

His hits have been to the opposite field recently, and while that's always good to see, when Nick is locked in he really crushes some balls to right and right center.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Do you ever keep count how many times the fans are wrong and Hyde is right?   I didn't think so.
    • At one time, the Orioles seemed to be in the minority regarding keeping guys under wraps and to lower pitch counts.  Now this seems to be the rule among teams in the minors.  
    • Billy Cook just keeps grinding his way along.   He gets a little better every year while advancing through the system.  He's at .862 OPS overall but .929 after almost 100 PA at Norfolk.   Striking out less.  Walking more.  Hitting more doubles but less homers so far.  Stealing some bases.  Playing all three OF positions, 1B and 2B.   Can I get a top 30 for this kid @Tony-OH? 😄
    • He isn’t letting Grayson coming off a shoulder issue throw a bunch of pitches. I’m sure they had a number in mind before the game.  
    • You aren't going to impress me with Kremer being the only decent player they got for Machado.  Sorry, that isn't an example of his competence.  As for Means, he got his improvement as a result of going outside of the system with an outside baseball training facility.   He gets a lot of credit for GrayRod though as many criticized the pick.  
    • The Bryce move was less controversial because he didn't escape the guardrails of the draft regulating one and only one Club he had the opportunity to sell his labor to. Last CBA round during the international draft negotiations Tony Clark gave out a quote like "in principle we don't like drafts of any kind" Being selfish for Orioles and with Elias having the extra pool money this year because of Gunnar, I've wondered if Ethan Holliday could quick drop out of 11th grade with a few weeks to go, grab that GED, play one game for Stillwater Community College and earn reclassification to 2024.     Then he just needs to pull that John Elway or Eli Manning thing.
    • Received my voucher email last night (they'll be in my account as of May 24).  There's no way they could've known I was there for the whole game, so it appears everyone who had a ticket for that game and a MyOriolesTicket account received a voucher. Pretty generous!  Good for 2024, most M-Th games (select "blackout" dates excluded).  
  • Popular Contributors