6/3 Orioles @ M's Cool Hand Luke and IceBerg

24HOR

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you throw Beltre ANYTHING offspeed, he strikes out unless you miss by 4 feet.

Same situation at home vs. the MFY's on Mother's Day.

Everyone in the stadium is looking fastball, including the guy at the plate who has a history of swinging at everything.

So why, I ask you?

I don't believe you guys.

We did stuff right that inning. The only thing that stopped AJ from catching the triple was the wall showed up a bit too soon. Walking those 2 guys was the right move and a ballsy move. Then JJ got him to hit a DP ball, it was just about 3 feet to the wrong place. That was damn near the perfect play to get out of the inning.

So close, so close...

And what do I see here? People predicting he walks in the run? Calling the team garbage? Jeez...

Last I checked a baseball game is played over 9 innings, not one inning. Several things were done wrong this game.

That being said, calling the team garbage and such is pretty silly but it's a hell of a frustrating loss tonight.

Go ahead, let yourself feel a little Shack, this one hurts.

We did stuff right that inning. The only thing that stopped AJ from catching the triple was the wall showed up a bit too soon. Walking those 2 guys was the right move and a ballsy move. Then JJ got him to hit a DP ball, it was just about 3 feet to the wrong place. That was damn near the perfect play to get out of the inning.

So close, so close...

And what do I see here? People predicting he walks in the run? Calling the team garbage? Jeez...

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not frustrated about the bottom of the 9th. JJ did a nice job really...Jones could have caught the ball Gutierrez hit and as you said, nearly got the perfect ball to get out of it.

I'm LIVID about the Top of the 9th, and even more so about Huff getting picked off third. Those are indefensible.

And I'm not jumping off any ledges. This team is for sure headed in the right direction. I haven't been more excited about this team in years. But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be frustrated when the team makes completely pointless mistakes that cost them games.

Why would that be the bigger question? That ball was in the hole. If he was at regular DP depth, he wouldn't even come close to getting it.

Didn't look like dp depth to me. Maybe I'm wrong, and it seems others here have chimed in they think it was dp depth. But that was not my perception.

So close, so close...

I know it's always good to stay optimistic, but it's tough to argue that the team played, and was managed, like garbage today. Picked off first. Picked off THIRD. Continuously sending guys out there who are colder than a block of ice. Continuously hitting and running Huff/Mora when it continuously backfires.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
-Einstein

Didn't look like dp depth to me. Maybe I'm wrong, and it seems others here have chimed in they think it was dp depth. But that was not my perception.

Cesar and BRob were at DP depth. That ball was just perfectly placed in the hole. Tough break. JJ did a nice job.

This game was lost with Huff's baserunning mistake getting caught off third and DT not bunting Mora/pinch running with Pie in the top of the 9th.

So close, so close...

I predicted the walk because he was already 2-0, wasn't anywhere near the plate, and with the way that everything had fallen apart all game, it just seemed fitting.

If you want to shake your head and tisk at me for it, go right ahead. That was a frustrating game to watch, and I'm frustrated right now as a result.

So close, so close...

set yourself up for failure so success is that much more blinding...

How can anyone watch that 2:35 minutes and not come away extremely frustrated?!??!

Everyone is frustrated, some just choose to channel said frustration at the fans of the same team they root for who just watched the same thing they watched by getting all righteous on them about how silly they are to blame a loss on any sort of mistake or incompetence.

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not frustrated about the bottom of the 9th. JJ did a nice job really...Jones could have caught the ball Gutierrez hit and as you said, nearly got the perfect ball to get out of it.

I'm LIVID about the Top of the 9th, and even more so about Huff getting picked off third. Those are indefensible.

And I'm not jumping off any ledges. This team is for sure headed in the right direction. I haven't been more excited about this team in years. But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be frustrated when the team makes completely pointless mistakes that cost them games.

Ball was smoked...it would be out most other ballparks

SO yeah he "almost" got it, but it was a hit deserving of a base hit so...

Everyone is frustrated, some just choose to channel said frustration at the fans of the same team they root for who just watched the same thing they watched by getting all righteous on them about how silly they are to blame a loss on any sort of mistake or incompetence.

i wanted to give you rep for this but i gotta spread it around first

Too much bickering back and forth on this board, but yeah this game was frustrating and we all saw those frustrating things go down.

we can go back and say mora "almost" hit that ball and we shouldnt be so frustrated that it was a strike em out, throw em out

Jones could have caught the ball Gutierrez hit and as you said, nearly got the perfect ball to get out of it.

Franklin Gutierrez is one of the few centerfielders who could have caught the ball Gutierrez hit.

Archived