AM in the Twin's Booth...

TyCobb

I'm not derailing it, just raising questions that need to be asked.

And for the umpteenth time it doesn't have to be AGon as a solution. I just want to see some support for these young guys as well as the players that have committed to this team like Roberts and Markakis. Throw them a bone...

No, you're derailing it.

You always do.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday, you said you would expect an 815ish OPS from Jones, Nick, Wieters, Pie, BRob and Reimold..I asked what you felt the team OPS would be based off of that...Didn't get an answer...So, where do you see the team OPS next year if we basically keep the same team.

Probably below .800, like .775. - 780 or so.

Below that of the top three teams in the AL East.

Probably below .800, like .775. - 780 or so.

Below that of the top three teams in the AL East.

So, as currently constructed, you would expect us to be one of the top 5 offenses in the AL?

In the last 3 years, we would be top 4 with that OPS.

I am not sure how you can fault that.

JTrea hijacks yet another one. It's almost impossible to discuss anything without this kinda crap happening...

There was this poster a couple of years ago that had a different method, but similar results, can't think of his name though.:D

So, as currently constructed, you would expect us to be one of the top 5 offenses in the AL?

In the last 3 years, we would be top 4 with that OPS.

I am not sure how you can fault that.

When you have to have to beat 3 out of the 4 offenses in baseball to make the playoffs, there is a concern.

Our pitching will be improved, but I'm just not sure how improved it will be facing 3 of the top offenses in the AL.

When you have to have to beat 3 out of the 4 offenses in baseball to make the playoffs, there is a concern.

Our pitching will be improved, but I'm just not sure how improved it will be facing 3 of the top offenses in the AL.

Well, we need to see...That OPS would have been better than NY one year and TB twice...It would also have been pretty close to Boston a few years and TB this year.

Either way, if that is the offense we get next year, it should be a good offense and one of the best in the league.

Perhaps adding another starter and improving the IF defense is more important?

I'll take the grief because I can't believe so many people are actually happy with MacPhail essentially writing off another year.

Of course we expect improvement from our young guys, but to me it's asking a lot to expect all these guys to develop and support each other both pitching and hitting wise with all the inconsistency that is going to come from their development curves.

You can take the grief all you want, but there's a reason I and others have you on ignore.

There's a difference between looking at things a different way from others, and simply looking at them the wrong way. You can move all around an elephant and look at it from all different sides, but if you are looking at it from the side where you keep getting crap dumped on you, wouldn't that make you want to re-examine your point-of-view?

Archived