Wake

Todd-O

With WVU behind us, the ACC battles begin this weekend for the Terps. Looking at the Terps' schedule, this game against Wake is huge. We need to take it to make sure we stay neck-and-neck with BC. BC has already beaten Wake. Simply put: We can't give them any tie-breaking advantages.

As good as Wake was last year... and as badly as the whipped the Terps at Byrd... I'm not quite sure what to expect from them this weekend. I know Skinner is hurt. Has anyone seen their back-up run the offense?

With WVU behind us, the ACC battles begin this weekend for the Terps. Looking at the Terps' schedule, this game against Wake is huge. We need to take it to make sure we stay neck-and-neck with BC. BC has already beaten Wake. Simply put: We can't give them any tie-breaking advantages.

As good as Wake was last year... and as badly as the whipped the Terps at Byrd... I'm not quite sure what to expect from them this weekend. I know Skinner is hurt. Has anyone seen their back-up run the offense?

Skinner will play. This will be a tough game. Hopefully we pull it out.

The Terps' pass rush has been lethargic the past several years. But more than ever they need to force Skinner to throw and then really put the heat on him.........let's see just how healthy his shoulder is.

Like the WVU game they will need to run to win.

Wake has that very weird mis-direction offense...last year Ralph was out coached' date=' plain and simple. A lot of 3rd and longs were converted which obviously killed us. If they expect to win, I think this game comes down to stupid mistakes and penalties

Wake-21

MD- 17[/quote']

I hate it when people spew stuff like this. Ralph was not outcoached in that game. The players were outplayed. Do you really think Ralph was telling the Ends to get drawn inside and get burned over and over again. Md is susceptable to a offense like Wake's because of the personel we have, mainly at linebacker. We have great athletes there and they really read and fly to the ball. This is a reciepe for getting burned on misdirection, but it is also something very hard to change. I think we saw Md try to play better backside defense against WV and then just had the ball jammed down there throats. Which is what can happen if you slow down the linebacker flow from the offside. MD has a linebacker oriented defense that requires the linebackers to scrape to the playside if the contain guy does not play his position the defense is toast. Thats not bad coaching it is bad playing.

I hate it when people spew stuff like this. Ralph was not outcoached in that game. The players were outplayed. Do you really think Ralph was telling the Ends to get drawn inside and get burned over and over again. Md is susceptable to a offense like Wake's because of the personel we have, mainly at linebacker. We have great athletes there and they really read and fly to the ball. This is a reciepe for getting burned on misdirection, but it is also something very hard to change. I think we saw Md try to play better backside defense against WV and then just had the ball jammed down there throats. Which is what can happen if you slow down the linebacker flow from the offside. MD has a linebacker oriented defense that requires the linebackers to scrape to the playside if the contain guy does not play his position the defense is toast. Thats not bad coaching it is bad playing.

Well said

The difference between Ralph's first few teams and the last few is they dont have the ability to outscore people the way they used to. The defenses are very comprable. They used to make alot more big plays on defense because the other teams used to be behind more and had to gamble. Now they are always in close games and that makes the opponents alot more conservative.

The Terps are converting over 40% of 3rd downs this year... suprisingly (to me, at least) this is a very good sign for an offense. I'd need to check this, but I heard a sportscaster say that 3rd down conversion rates of over 40% is the best way to gauge the quality of a NFL offense - he said something to the effect that no NFL playoff team has ever had a conversion rate of less than 41%.

True?

Who knows.

I do think Maryland is the more talented team.

Wake was loaded with 4th and 5th year seniors last year.

Terps take this one by a small margin:

16 to 10.

I don't like the way ESPN buys and funnels all of the television rights into ESPNU and then strong arms the cable companies. It's good for the ACC overall because they make more money selling their TV rights together, but it would be nice if MASN or Comcast Sportsnet could get a hold of Terps games that would otherwise not be broadcast.

Now thats a crushing lost.. up 24-3 at their goaline.. let up a 100yard return for TD.. let Wake tie the game with 3seconds left in the 4th, and lose in OT...

Wow, what a horrible blown opportunity.. this game will hurt them all year in Division, and in Conference.

Amazing how one play can turn an entire game around.

Steffy has got to sit!! Ralph needs to give Chris Turner a shot. I'm a season ticket holder & Steffy shows me NOTHING, this year, last year; choke,choke, turnover, fumble. He doesn't know when to throw it away, run, etc. He has no QB instincts. How could we let this game get away???? I can't stand it. Like John-OH I'm VERY upset.

Archived