Anyone else pulling for the Phils?

markakis4pres

I love the Phils over there in the NL. They have won 8 0f 9 games and are right on the Mets. I hope they take over the East or win the wild card.

Once they get Hamels back they are going to be a force in the playoffs IMO. I love the way this team is put together. They are so exciting to watch with Howard, Rollins, and Utley.

I pretty much agree with square on this one. I am loving the Phillies - and I think they're an easy team to like, with guys like Howard and Rowand and Victorino, etc. And it would be nice to see Moyer win finally.

Colorado up 4 going to the ninth inning...looks like the Phillies will pull within 0.5 games of the Wild Card. Still 1.5 behind the Mets.

Probably going next Thursday, maybe another game next week. Go Phillies!!

But last week I rooted for the Redskins for the first time that I can remember, because this town is hilarious when the Eagles lose.

I really like guys like Utley, Rollins, and Howard, and its nice to see Burrell having a strong season, but everytime I watch an Eagles game, I can't help noticing what disrespectful, ungrateful, and ignorant fans they have.

So, unless Phillies fans are a seperate entity of the city, I'll just go ahead and stick with the Cubs (sorry M Redbird, can't win tonight).

But last week I rooted for the Redskins for the first time that I can remember, because this town is hilarious when the Eagles lose.

It's funny because like 1/4 of my hall is from Philadelphia, and after they lost, I seemed to gather that McNabb was actually right about his statements. While arguing with one of the McNabb bashers, he actually asked me if a black quarterback has ever won a superbowl... I find that I can only enjoy watching a game if I am emotionally invested, which means I either like one of the teams or hate one of them. Well, I hate the Redskins and Eagles pretty much equally (I couldn't really decide who I wanted to lose more), so I couldn't get myself to watch the game. I must say the people's reactions are hilarious, so I think I will root against the Iggles from now on.

/Hijack over

I really like guys like Utley, Rollins, and Howard, and its nice to see Burrell having a strong season, but everytime I watch an Eagles game, I can't help noticing what disrespectful, ungrateful, and ignorant fans they have.

So, unless Phillies fans are a seperate entity of the city, I'll just go ahead and stick with the Cubs (sorry M Redbird, can't win tonight).

They aren't. They have the highest ignorance-to-actual-baseball-knowledge ratio of any fanbase I have ever encountered.

I do like the team a lot, but I would be happy if Philly fans never got to experience a championship for the rest of history.

Sorry about what? No matter how pathetic Cubs fans are, one has to admit that they're overdue for a championship team.

And if they go all the way this season, they'll still be 7 championships behind the Cardinals. (And tied with the Orioles, 23 behind the Yankees.)

Unreal. Some people are just ridiculous.

I think he must have been joking I dunno. Maybe I need my sarcasm detector checked. You would think that to get into this school you'd have to be smarter than that. Then again, he was slightly intoxicated.

They aren't. They have the highest ignorance-to-actual-baseball-knowledge ratio of any fanbase I have ever encountered.

I do like the team a lot, but I would be happy if Philly fans never got to experience a championship for the rest of history.

Because the Phillies have been pretty bad for a long time, I haven't seen nearly as much obnoxiousness surrounding the Phillies. People are generally excited that they are in the race. If it were the Iggles, they would boo Ryan Howard every time he strikes out. Actually, they may do that, I'll have to see when I go to the game.

Went to the Phils/Braves game last night. It was a nice stadium, but no Camden Yards aesthetically. I went in sentimentally favoring the Phillies, but I couldn't bring myself to cheer for either side (except Mark Teixeira). The Phillies fans were pretty knowledgable, they all booed C.B. Bucknor when he was announced as the third base umpire. It was a fun game overall.

Went to the Phils/Braves game last night. It was a nice stadium, but no Camden Yards aesthetically. I went in sentimentally favoring the Phillies, but I couldn't bring myself to cheer for either side (except Mark Teixeira). The Phillies fans were pretty knowledgable, they all booed C.B. Bucknor when he was announced as the third base umpire. It was a fun game overall.

The only thing I like better about their park is the open main concourse, where you can watch the game all the way around the park. Otherwise, OPACY is still the OG and still the best.

Archived