Wash Post: O's considering tejada trade

JakeeO

That freaked me out too. It's his power numbers that are down this month, avg is up from May but is still a big dropoff from his crazy hot April

April: .422/6/21

May: .224/8/19

June: 293/2/14

Yeah, and it was mentioned recently that players can use steroids in the offseason and still get the effects of them through the early part of the season. So maybe they've worn off or maybe Miggy is just distracted by the Grimsley thing just like he was distracted last year by the Raffy situation.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced that Jorge's sources are any better than OH's. He writes well, and he gets some interesting quotes, but what does this amount to?

Does he have a better sense of "Miggy's Moods" than those of us who watch every pitch of every game? In his chats at the Post website, Jorge is pretty open with his contempt for the Orioles and his boredom with his job.

Sometimes I think he is just kicking up dust.

What's the bottom line?

"Anybody that considers trading one of its best players wouldn't do it without helping the ball club," Perlozzo said. "Unless someone overwhelms us, I would hope Miggy stays put."

Haven't we known this since, say, February?

Actually, this was the best part...The other day we heard they wanted a major league hitter.

This tells me Santana, Wood and Kotchman or Morales gets it done.

I'd be for that trade. With Santana, our pitching staff should be quite good now and in the future, plus we'll be in a better situation to trade excess arms.

This article fails to provide a critical piece of information: has Tejada's punctuality been an issue from Day 1 in '04, or is this a recent development?

If the former, then it's all much ado about nothing

If it's the latter, then ay, carumba. Not cool, Miguel.

I'm not convinced that Jorge's sources are any better than OH's. He writes well, and he gets some interesting quotes, but what does this amount to?

Does he have a better sense of "Miggy's Moods" than those of us who watch every pitch of every game? In his chats at the Post website, Jorge is pretty open with his contempt for the Orioles and his boredom with his job.

Sometimes I think he is just kicking up dust.

You're kidding, right? Lets see, he's in the locker room before and after every game, home and away. He talks with Tejada plenty more often, especially since Jorge is bi-lingual. He talks with everyone else on the team. To manager Sam Perlozzo and to the front office. I'd say his sources are pretty damn impeccable.

He may be the kind of guy who wants to do more features rather than a baseball beat, but he didn't get to the Post using smoke and mirrors. And I can't believe I even had to write all that.

This article fails to provide a critical piece of information: has Tejada's punctuality been an issue from Day 1 in '04, or is this a recent development?

If the former, then it's all much ado about nothing

If it's the latter, then ay, carumba. Not cool, Miguel.

When you break up with a girl, you look for little things to help justify your cause.

As long as they're out there at gametime and feel properly prepared, it doesn't matter to me what any of our guys do pre game time.

Does he have a better sense of "Miggy's Moods" than those of us who watch every pitch of every game?

Yeah, I think he probably does. We don't see Tejada during BP or in the locker room. We have no idea how he interacts with other people. He might be trying to stir up trouble, but he's probably just reporting what he sees.

When you break up with a girl, you look for little things to help justify your cause.

As long as they're out there at gametime and feel properly prepared, it doesn't matter to me what any of our guys do pre game time.

So you don't care if your "supposed" main team leader is tardy or ignores fines imposed by his employer?

Personally, I would expect more. Like I said during the off-season, he is not the special player that I thought he was...he sure seems to lack maturity to me.

You're kidding, right? Lets see, he's in the locker room before and after every game, home and away. He talks with Tejada plenty more often, especially since Jorge is bi-lingual. He talks with everyone else on the team. To manager Sam Perlozzo and to the front office. I'd say his sources are pretty damn impeccable.

He may be the kind of guy who wants to do more features rather than a baseball beat, but he didn't get to the Post using smoke and mirrors. And I can't believe I even had to write all that.

I'm not kidding. How much are players going to open up to a reporter, especially one who doesn't like them, even if he is bilingual?

Sorry to make you write something you can't believe you had to write.

So you don't care if your "supposed" main team leader is tardy or ignores fines imposed by his employer?

Personally, I would expect more. Like I said during the off-season, he is not the special player that I thought he was...he sure seems to lack maturity to me.

Tardy, no, I don't care. If he's not at the park to take the field, thats a different story.

The fines are a different story.

Why does this stuff come out on an off day?

Because it's an off-day, which means there's nothing real to talk about. But he had to write a story anyway. So he rehashes some stuff that's been around forever, adds some alleged-quotes from unnamed sources about what the O's might be up to, stirs in some controversy about tardiness, and, voila!... an alleged story!

Plus, maybe he noticed that we hadn't had a *new* trade-Miggy-he's-a-bum thread around here for about 7 minutes, so perhaps he figured we needed yet another one.

And here we go...

I'm not kidding. How much are players going to open up to a reporter, especially one who doesn't like them, even if he is bilingual?

Sorry to make you write something you can't believe you had to write.

You presume that he walks into the clubhouse with a spiteful, annoyed attitude every day. Which hasn't been the case the few times I make it over there. When you're around the same people every day for seven or eight months at a time, for a number of years now you sort of develop a trust and rapport. You're much more likely to be more open around familiar faces. And so even if Tejada himself doesn't say he's tired of Baltimore, his teammates could sometimes be willing to say as much about him, or say that he really is happier than some may think, whatever.

Because it's an off-day, which means there's nothing real to talk about. But he had to write a story anyway. So he rehashes some stuff that's been around forever, adds some alleged-quotes from unnamed sources about what the O's might be up to, stirs in some controversy about tardiness, and, voila!... an alleged story!

Plus, maybe he noticed that we hadn't had a *new* trade-Miggy-he's-a-bum thread around here for about 7 minutes, so perhaps he figured we needed yet another one.

And here we go...

Spot on! :002_sbiggrin:

Archived