FSU vs MD 2/4/10

RavenWarrior

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win. The difference between 4-3 and 5-2 is huge. Especially, since we now have two road wins. Spliting these past two road games was all I was wanted. Sweeping them would have been gravy. We are very well positioned now.

I don't see his feet moving at all. He established his position and stayed there. Are we talking about the same play (I assume so)?

One angle they showed clearly showed him shuffling his feet just slightly before the FSU player made contact with him.

If anything, that's a no call there..definitely not a charge.

Your feet don't have to be completely set, though his were. Dino had the position and had it early. Clearly a charge. The only other way the play can be called is count the basket and then player control foul. The guy was close to having released the ball before he made contact with Dino.

BTW, Bowie will not start next year unless Williams loses his mind. He is getting worse IMO. It used to be that he just played dumb basketball but now I can see that his confidence is also shot.

Where has Tucker gone? He played poorly in the Clemson game and just avoided even looking for his shot tonight.

I agree about Bowie. He isn't a good point guard. He can defend but he turns the ball over way too much. If he is playing the majority PG minutes next year MD has problems. That said I think that is why they signed both Stoglin and Howard. Freshman PG are tough to watch sometimes but I don't think they will have much of a choice especially during conference play.

Tucker just has been inconsistent his whole career. He looks like a world beater at times like last year against Carolina.

I agree about Bowie. He isn't a good point guard. He can defend but he turns the ball over way too much. If he is playing the majority PG minutes next year MD has problems. That said I think that is why they signed both Stoglin and Howard. Freshman PG are tough to watch sometimes but I don't think they will have much of a choice especially during conference play.

Tucker just has been inconsistent his whole career. He looks like a world beater at times like last year against Carolina.

I said the same things about Stoglin in another thread. Bowie may start the season as starting PG, but...I don't see him staying there long.

Big win. If we beat UNC, sitting at 6-2 will be real nice.

I'm thinking about seed now moreso than whether we'll make the tournament or not. I'd like to finish strong enough to be at least a 6 seed. I think 11-5 and a win or two in the ACC tournament could get us there. Although with the weak ACC overall this year, I could definitely see MD getting hot and winning the tournament. The only team that is a clear favorite over them on a neutral court is Duke. They are pretty much a pick-em or better with all the other squads.

Was at the local bar, great game by the Terps. Vasquez turned out to be okay but he needs to work on shooting better open shots. Hayes mostly had open shots and missed them but they played great down the stretch of the game. That was absolutely the right call on the offensive charge. Dude had his feet set and there was no movement. The FSU player like "laid" into the guy. Good strong win.

Archived