Well, at least MD fans are consistent

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, all of those officers deserve to be fired and sent to prison, and anyone else who helped blatantly lie on the arresting documents, saying that this kid "struck the officers and the horses" and was injured because he was "kicked by the horses". These officer's suspensions better be unpaid.

Abuse of power is one of my biggest pet peeves, and this is just the epitome of that. Some douchebag meathead cop thinks he's above the law because he's got a badge and has the right to just kick the crap out of anyone he feels like and have his stupid buddies with their batons join in.

Apologies to any officers here who actually do their jobs properly, but I imagine you all are just as disgusted by this disgrace of an officer as I am.

I wish there was audio, because there had to have been something that set the officers off. Obviously, whatever was said is no excuse for what the officers' did, but at least we'd get some perspective... maybe. Even if they are PG County Police - with by far the worst reputation in the state - something must have set them off. But what? It looks just horrible. Apparently, the kid needed 9 staples in his head. Who knows what lingering effects the baton shots to the head will have. Bizarre. It looked like the kid never posed even a small threat. After they banged him against the wall and knocked him to the ground, he was done. Just put a knee on his back and cuff him... if there was a reason to arrest him. Did they think they were on The Shield?

Lest we forget, this is the same police agency that screwed up big time and than never apologized for their actions when they did an ILLEGAL no-knock warrant... they ended up killing the Berwyn Heights mayor 2 lab dogs during the ILLEGAL raid. It was an ILLEGAL raid because the judge never gave them a no-knock warrant.

BERWYN HEIGHTS, Md. — A small-town mayor whose dogs were killed in a drug raid was cleared of any wrongdoing after police had been reluctant to rule out his involvement in drug smuggling or apologize for the violent incident.

Prince George's County Police Chief Melvin High said Friday he called Berwyn Heights Mayor Cheye Calvo and his wife, Trinity Tomsic, on Thursday to say they were no longer suspected in a drug smuggling scheme.

A SWAT team raided the mayor's home July 29 after intercepting a FedEx package shipped to Tomsic that was filled with 32 pounds of marijuana. Officers broke down the door, shot the two dogs and kept Calvo and his mother-in-law bound for nearly two hours.

Police now believe the drug delivery was part of a scheme that sent packages to the homes of unsuspecting recipients. The packages would then be picked up by someone else shortly after delivery. Two suspects have been arrested in the case.

Police Clear Name of Maryland Mayor After Drug Raid

Lest we forget, this is the same police agency that screwed up big time and than never apologized for their actions when they did an ILLEGAL no-knock warrant... they ended up killing the Berwyn Heights mayor 2 lab dogs during the ILLEGAL raid. It was an ILLEGAL raid because the judge never gave them a no-knock warrant.

Police Clear Name of Maryland Mayor After Drug Raid

I immediately thought of that incident while watching the video. Seems like the PGPD needs to undergo an LAPD-style shakedown. I hope the citizens don't stand for this and demand that the bad apples in that department be dealt with.

That video has been out since the day after the "Riot." I even posted about it shortly after here (on March 5th):

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2059451&postcount=106

I pointed out this specific incident, in fact. It's amazing it's taken this long to become a story. The police were absolutely more at fault for the "riot" then the students. I think they escalated what was for the most part a celebration into something much worse.

That video has been out since the day after the "Riot." I even posted about it shortly after here (on March 5th):

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2059451&postcount=106

I pointed out this specific incident, in fact. It's amazing it's taken this long to become a story. The police were absolutely more at fault for the "riot" then the students. I think they escalated what was for the most part a celebration into something much worse.

IMO, there's no way to condone the rioting...and it does lead to issues. But, there is even less you can do to justify what the cops did in this instance. It's just ridiculous. There's no way those guys should be able to avoid prison time.

IMO, there's no way to condone the rioting...and it does lead to issues. But, there is even less you can do to justify what the cops did in this instance. It's just ridiculous. There's no way those guys should be able to avoid prison time.

It wasn't a freaking riot. It was dancing and celebrating in the streets and then the cops brought the riot patrol.

You would think the video footage would exonerate us. Most of the us that were there were only think video taping the event on cell phones.

Pretty sad that the students were actually classier than the cops, yet the students are the only ones that have gotten the bad name until now. And yes, I said classy. It wasn't a riot. It was a celebration. Dancing and chanting is not rioting. It was a bunch of college kids having a good time. Nobody was hurt and nothing was being destroyed (except for one or two students who were idiots and pulled out a street sign) until the cops came.

It wasn't a freaking riot. It was dancing and celebrating in the streets and then the cops brought the riot patrol.

You would think the video footage would exonerate us. Most of the us that were there were only think video taping the event on cell phones.

Pretty sad that the students were actually classier than the cops, yet the students are the only ones that have gotten the bad name until now. And yes, I said classy. It wasn't a riot. It was a celebration. Dancing and chanting is not rioting. It was a bunch of college kids having a good time. Nobody was hurt and nothing was being destroyed (except for one or two students who were idiots and pulled out a street sign) until the cops came.

Yeah...sometimes things get out of hand, so now they wear their riot gear to every game. I think it just makes them feel tough.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived