John Maine!!

Tomkingsize

The Marlins as a team, lead the NL in strikeouts. They have struck out 1295 times in 159 games. So getting them to K 14 times a game, not new.

BTW - the Orioles have struck out 924 times, or 11th in the AL.

Whew, good thing we don't strike out a lot. Here, I thought our offense was awful, but I guess I was wrong!;)

The Marlins as a team, lead the NL in strikeouts. They have struck out 1295 times in 159 games. So getting them to K 14 times a game, not new.

BTW - the Orioles have struck out 924 times, or 11th in the AL.

You can't possibly be downplaying a 14-K performance as anything less than phenomenal, can you? Thats absurd, it doesn't matter who its against, 14 K's in one game is a fantastic accomplishment.

You can't possibly be downplaying a 14-K performance as anything less than phenomenal, can you? Thats absurd, it doesn't matter who its against, 14 K's in one game is a fantastic accomplishment.

Hey it great that Maine struck out 14 Marlins... but they a very free swinging ballclub. The number of double-digit times the Marlins have struck out in 2007 -

17 - 1

16 - 2

15 - 2

14 - 3

13 - 4

12 - 7

11 - 10

10 - 17

John Maine fanned 14 Marlins while giving up only one hit thru 7 innings!

I'm proud of the guy. He was always one of my favorite O's pitching prospects.

Btw, Milledge went 3-5 with 2 homers. I would love to obtain this guy in a trade.

Actually he had a no hitter through 7 2/3. Unfortunately he had also thrown over 100 pitches going into the 8th. Willie Randolph left him in just to try to get the no-no. With two outs in the 8th he gave up a swinging bunt hit to the backup catcher who had come in because [Which ever one is on the Marlins] Molina got ejected.

Say whatever you want about Maine, but he has pitched some clutch games for the Mets.

John Maine: 8.48 K/9. He was four outs away from the first no hitter in Mets history. He also has a very solid 3.91 ERA.

I think it's now safe to say we blew it on this one.

I think it's also safe to say that trading pitching prospects - even diminished ones - for veterans is a bad idea, unless that veteran is the ONE PIECE you need to compete.

The Benson trade should have worked out better for us, but he obviously wasn't the "final piece".

John Maine fanned 14 Marlins while giving up only one hit thru 7 innings!

I'm proud of the guy. He was always one of my favorite O's pitching prospects.

Btw, Milledge went 3-5 with 2 homers. I would love to obtain this guy in a trade.

Miledge will NEVER amount to anything. He is an arrogant never will be. I would never want this guy involed with this team.

Archived