The Huffinator

isestrex

Having Pablo Sandoval on my fantasy team means that I pay a bit more attention to Giants games and highlights than I normally would. Our old friend (still batting cleanup by the way...) had a great little adventure on the basepaths yesterday. Sadly MLB.com doesn't deem it fit to be an "official highlight" so I can't post a link to it directly. You'll have to pull up the Condensed Game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7400413

The fun begins at 5:56 and you'll see Huff at bat in the Bottom of the 8th.

Those condensed games are awesome? Are they part of a package, do they have them for all games? Just curious, because you really get a feel of the game.

They used to be better (they were 25 min and included EVERY at bat, not just 85% of them). You can view all the games on the video schedule.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index.jsp?&affiliateId=mlbMENUMLBTV&tcid=mm_mlb_video

MLB swears up and down every year that you have to subscribe to their MLB.TV package to get these condensed games. But they've been available to the public for 2 and a half years now. I'm thinking of canceling my subscription and just relying on the condensed games as they were a large reason for my purchase. But hey... if they continue to be public...

When have we ever heard of a ball hitting the right field wall in the air and the FIRST person able to field it is the SECOND BASEMAN?

Does it get more bizarre than that?

I would guess that may be the first time that has ever happened.

Yet another reason why baseball never gets boring.

Eli Whiteside hit a homer in the same game.

Seriously? You guys aren't making this stuff up?

If this happened in OOTP you'd see guys submitting software trouble tickets.

Why am I more surprised that Whiteside hit a home run than Huff making it all the way around the bases before the ball could get back to the infield?

I don't know. Because Whiteside has 69 professional home runs, but I'm having trouble coming up with a situation where Aubrey Huff hits an inside the parker that doesn't involve the ball becoming lodged in the pocket of a nearby kangaroo.

Archived