4/27 Yank-mes at O's

Balmer Bomber

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never heard Fred Manfra question the umpire decision on the field. But he just did, so it must have been a blown call. I hope we get a make up later in the game to keep a rally going.

I just hope we get a rally going later in the game. :rolleyes:

That was just as bad as that call up in Fenway, a very similar situation. I haven't heard much about bad umpiring until we started playing Boston & New York. Is that because the umpiring has been bad during that stretch, or because we're more sensitive playing against teams we truly hate. Or is it a little bit of both. I mean those calls at second base were just abysmal. It just seems like it's the same thing every year. Don't talk about the umpiring much, then we play Boston & New York and all of a sudden it's constant umpire bashing.

After watching the awful (and inconsistent) strike zone tonight, I wondered why the MLB doesn't eliminate the behind the plate umpire's ball/strike calling duties...Why can't we just use the digital zone, similar to what TV broadcasts use?

:(

After watching the awful (and inconsistent) strike zone tonight, I wondered why the MLB doesn't eliminate the behind the plate umpire's ball/strike calling duties...Why can't we just use the digital zone, similar to what TV broadcasts use?

:(

I think if they did that, there would be a LOT of offense and a LOT of walks.

Archived