MacPhail on 105.7 The Fan at 5:40 PM

brooksie05

Also of note in MacPhail's interview is when he mentioned that we had faced over $500 million worth of pitchers in the 5 consecutive games. That is ridiculous!

Not making excuses, the O's have sucked so far, but the schedule has been BRUTAL on us!

Sabathia $161 million

Burnett over $80 million

Lackey over $80 million

that's 60 percent of the total in three pitchers.

I dont know the full numbers, but Rivera makes $15 mill a year, Vasquez makes a boatload, DiceK too.

I bet it's fairly close to reality and nowhere near a rediculous statement.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sabathia $161 million

Burnett over $80 million

Lackey over $80 million

that's 60 percent of the total in three pitchers.

I dont know the full numbers, but Rivera makes $15 mill a year, Vasquez makes a boatload, DiceK too.

I bet it's fairly close to reality and nowhere near a rediculous statement.

I don't think he was calling the statement ridiculous, just the fact that we've faced those kinds of pitchers.

Their GM did what he felt was neccessary to compete in the AL West which is not the same as what you have to do in the AL East. MacPhail did not set this team up to win games in this division this year. Jack Z did in his and MacPhail is going to need to do more than what Jack Z is doing because he's in a tougher division.

And no, the Mariners aren't in a crisis yet as they are still quite close to the division leader.

So I decided to check in on the USS Mariner sight to find out how the Mariner fans are liking Jack Z's team. Here are some comments from your favorite GM's fans as their 11-18 team appears to be headed for a 19th loss - down 8-0 to the Angels.

Really. What the hell do we even say?

I can’t even muster up a joke. This is just… beyond laughable and at unreal. I honestly cannot believe what I’m seeing

Not sure which is worse, being a Mariner fan or being a Seahawk fan?
I think I’ve had more doubles this week than the Mariners.
Maybe if the Mariners keep playing like this they can join Eric Byrnes in his softball league. Maybe there MAYBE the M’s could get some runs.

This is sounding really familiar... Here's a recap of yesterday's game:

Boo, 11-17.

You don’t need a recap of that. Hyphen sucked, the offense sucked, the defense sucked, Snell sucked, and the weather sucked. So, why should the recap be any different? They get the recap they deserve. When they play like a major league team, they’ll get written up like one. Until then, they get this.

And check out this article on our friend Jack Z: Seattle GM Jack Zduriencik Must Take Some Blame for Mariners' Poor Start

I love this quote from the article.

What has happened? What's gone wrong? Well for starters, as much credit as we gave general manager Jack Zduriencik for turning the Mariners around last year, and deservedly so, he must also take some of the blame for failing to go out and fix what has ailed the Mariners for years: offense.

EVen sounds like Jack Z has his own Atkins... but I am sure you wouldn't have a problem with it.

Speaking of Bradley, he's been a head-scratcher of an acquisition since day one. High risk, high reward, that was what this was all about. Well, the risk won out. After hitting just .214 with two home runs, Bradley's anger finally boiled over after being lifted from a game by manager Don Wakamatsu following a pair of strikeouts

Take a guess who this quote is from and whom it is speaking about:

He had options out there to improve the offense. He chose to ignore them. Now he must fix the mess that has been created before it's too late.

HA... they are talking about GM Jack Z! That doesn't sound like they are in crisis mode yet?

Trea - next time you may not want to choose this guy to lift up on a pedastal when you bash AM.

What would our record be if we had Matt Holliday right now? 9-19? 10-18?

No matter how you cut it we'd still be in the cellar.

The question to Trea is what would our record be if we had Holliday instead of Wigginton who he would have dumped. Oh and Figgins instead of Tejada.

Mariners are completely overrated. I don't know why people thought that team would be that much better. Yes they brought Lee in, but last year Bedard had a 2.82 ERA in 15 starts. Washburn had a 2.64 ERA in 20 starts for them. Both of those guys aren't pitching for them now. It is reasonable to believe that Lee can put up a mid 2 ERA over 35 starts but that just gets them back to where they were. Their other big improvements Figgins and Bradley are likely no better than Branyan from last year and his .867 OPS.

Jack Z made some good moves, but this team played over its head last year. They will be worse this year than last.

Archived