Rumor: O's in formal negotiations with Buck Showalter

ScottieBaseball

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 questions:

1) What if Buck wants to keep Crow?

2) What if the O's want him to manage now and he wants to overlook things and wait until 2011..if that happens and negotiations fall apart, are you ok with the Orioles stance?

If Buck wants to keep Crowley then there will be a lot of disappointment on these parts. I wouldn't like it, but it would some what temper my fears that the organization is forcing the manager's to keep him.

2 questions:

2) What if the O's want him to manage now and he wants to overlook things and wait until 2011..if that happens and negotiations fall apart, are you ok with the Orioles stance?

Why not something in between? Like Say August 1st he takes over. Give him a month to get things in order.

2 questions:

1. I'll deferr to Buck on this decision

2. I would not be okay with the O's stance

2 questions:

1. If Buck's the coach, he should be able to name/keep any coaches he wants.

2. I really don't see number 2 as an issue. Buck's a confident guy. He will have a good contract in place. Why would he shy away from coaching this year?

1. If Buck's the coach, he should be able to name/keep any coaches he wants.

2. I really don't see number 2 as an issue. Buck's a confident guy. He will have a good contract in place. Why would he shy away from coaching this year?

I am not saying it is an issue...I am saying if it becomes one, will you be ok with the Orioles stance on things if it means Buck isn't our manager?

Are we 100% sure the Orioles will give him the money he wants?

I would think that if we have made it this far, we have a comfortable grasp on what his financial demands would be and that we were somewhat in the same ballpark. I would hope so at least.

2 questions:

Number 1 is a silly question. If Buck wants Crow then fine. Buck knows more about evaluating hitting coaches than anyone here, so I am content to trust his judgement. If I wasn't why would I want him in the first place. Number 2)No, I wouldn't be OK with that.

I am not saying it is an issue...I am saying if it becomes one, will you be ok with the Orioles stance on things if it means Buck isn't our manager?

I understand, but just don't see it becoming an issue with Buck. If it did become an issue, I'd be fine with O's response.

Yeah I'd be ok with that. Just like I was ok for them not giving Girardi an out clause if the Yankees or Cubs jobs became available.

That said, I don't really see either of those scenarios being particularly likely. I think Buck will bring in nearly an entire new coaching staff, although he may wait until the offseason to fill that. I don't think he'd have any major complaints about them wanting him to do the job they hired him to do right away as opposed to waiting a while.

This would be a very nice hire for the O's. He's not the saviour and I doubt his presence will transform the second half of the season, but I would feel really good about this hire for next season and beyond. Having said all that, the O's have a lot of work to do to add talent with the upcoming offseason being of huge importance.

Ken Rosenthal

Sources: #Orioles' process with Showalter "evolving." Buck "very intrigued." O's would want him on field immediately

"Evolving?"

Well, by MacPhail's usual pace, we should come to a contract with Buck by the start of the 2012 season! ;)

I think Showalter has taken the lead. I think we have a new manager in about 5 days or six. Money is the last hurdle. I am not sure if Andy is a big fan but we need to do something drastic. I wonder if they offer Samuel, the Triple A Manager's job? I can see Flanny and maybe Surhoff and Bordick in the mix. Dempsey maybe to spy on Buck.:laughlol:

Archived