Yankees on the verge of landing Lance Berkman!

GoldGlove21

Well then the Rays will go after Dunn, or possibly two lesser bats. I doubt the O's trade Wiggy in the division though.

The O's had better not use that as an excuse anymore.

I could understand the Yankees, Sox, Rays not wanting to trade amongst each other...hell throw the BJs in there as well, but when you're a 50 win team, you shouldn't care at all who you trade with, especially if it's someone like Wigginton. MAYBE I would understand if we were discussing trading someone who they would make a huge part of their franchise, but the O's should be trading with whoever offers the best return, regardless of whether they kick our ass 15 times a year or 3.

Ridiculous.

letters

Even more ridiculous is this from Joel Sherman:
Astros are paying $4 million of the $7.5 million Berkman is owed between 2010 salary and buyout
Plus the rumor that the Astros aren't getting any top prospects.

Ed Wade is obviously doing it wrong.

Oh, let's add that they have no interest in trading Myers who can walk at the end of the season.

Here's an interesting twist. Berkman's 2011 team option becomes a mutual option in this deal. Could this trade open the door for the O's to make a run at Berkman for 1B this offseason?

Highly doubtful.

This opens up a return for Berkman to Houston in the off-season at a much more reasonable deal.

This is just another reason why i'm growing sick of this game that I love more and more every year. It's not fair and 26 or 27 other teams have to compete with 1 arm tied behind their back.

People will throw out the argument that it doesn't guarantee wins, that there have been several different WS winners the past 10 years. That's complete BS. The bottom line is, it's really not fair one bit and the playing field still isn't level, even after the "elimination" of PED's.

Archived