2/28 vs Pirates... O's - 6 Pirates - 2

Frobby

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Roch:

Brad Bergesen noted that he has a few things he needs to "tune up a little bit," but he seemed happy overall with today's outing.

"Fastball felt OK," he said. "I need to start working down. Changeup actually felt good today and I threw a few good sliders in there. Overall, for my first outing, it was a good one to get my feet wet today.

"It felt good. I don't want to say Opening Day, but first time back on the mound you've got those little extra butterflies going. There's a little bit of an extra adrenaline rush going, so I've just got to hone in on it and fine-tune these things the rest of spring."

And this is interesting...

Plate umpire Wally Bell had a brief discussion with Bergesen.

"He actually was just talking to me about a balk issue," Bergesen said. "I didn't balk, but he was just saying that it was kind of borderline and it's just something the umpires are looking out for a little bit this year. Very minor, but he was saying something about how I need to be a little more deliberate when I step off the rubber."

And this is interesting...

Plate umpire Wally Bell had a brief discussion with Bergesen.

"He actually was just talking to me about a balk issue," Bergesen said. "I didn't balk, but he was just saying that it was kind of borderline and it's just something the umpires are looking out for a little bit this year. Very minor, but he was saying something about how I need to be a little more deliberate when I step off the rubber."

Hope it doesn't screw up his mechanics!

Archived