NOOOOOOOO! Reimold for Bartlett? Say it ain't so!

Nick The Stick

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with this trade is that Bartlett is neither a significant upgrade, nor a long-term solution at SS. I think we can do much better.

And what's the story with J.J. Hardy? He's an FA, and he's still available. Wonder why the Orioles aren't being aggressive going after him?

Well we havent got duped since AM joined the Orioles. Previously we got duped by taking damaged goods...

Kurt Ainsworth, Damian Moss

Bad relief pitcher for number 1 prospect guy in San Fran now

Yeah forgot about that, but really, we gave up Sidney Ponson.

Are you talking about Denny Bautista? Yeah I suppose it was a bad move at the time, but Denny Bautista never became anything.

The problem with this trade is that Bartlett is neither a significant upgrade, nor a long-term solution at SS. I think we can do much better.

And what's the story with J.J. Hardy? He's an FA, and he's still available. Wonder why the Orioles aren't being aggressive going after him?

No he's not. The Twins have him for one more year.

Minnesota has Hardy for another year.

So far the one thing AM has excelled at is trading. If he wants to dump Reimold at what seems to be an artificially low value he must know something about Reimold that presents a huge red flag to him.

AM is not stupid.

EDIT: I'm not defending the move, just trying to get some perspective. To me it seems like a horrible move.

MacPhail convinced AZ to include a PTBNL with Reynolds for two relief pitchers, one of whom has 3 whole appearances in the majors. I have a hard time believing he'd give up Reimold for Bartlett even up. But, who knows...

However, this is not exactly like selling the Babe to the Yanks for $100k. Maybe Reimold turns into Paul O'Neill. Or he doesn't, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

There is a PTBNL too?

I could see it happening if Tampa threw in a MiL SP. One of Moore, Colome or Torres? Or maybe Beckham?

Moore is likely a Top 10, maybe Top 5 talent, in all of MiL. I don't think any of the players you list could be had for Reimold, straight up.

No, he's still the Twins property, they offered him arbitration. So, we'd have to trade and the Twins apparently want a lot more than we're willing to give up.

Archived