Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

Just read on prorumors.com and espn rumors.com that the Nats are closing in on Lee. The O's are complicating things with their interest but it seems like the Nats are the favorites. It also said trhat Lee preferred to stay in the National League.

Sad news if true. Losing free agents to the Yanks and Sox is one thing. Losing them to the frickin Nationals is something else entirely!!!! :(

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad news if true. Losing free agents to the Yanks and Sox is one thing. Losing them to the frickin Nationals is something else entirely!!!! :(

One of the ideas being talked about was that the Nationals would rather over spend money on Lee for one year as opposed to overpaying for LaRoche since they refused to do so for Dunn.

Which was the year that [Lopez] was excelling in the bullpen but really really really really wanted to be a starter even though he sucked? Because that year, even though his ERA was high due to the starter stats, he did great in the Pen.

It didn't happen that way. In both 2002 and 2004, he started the year in the pen, did great, got converted to a starter and did well there, too. In 2003 and 2005 he started all year. In 2006 he was a starter for most of the year but got demoted to the bullpen towards the end of the season.

It's to be expected. Lee doesn't want to play for either team but barring an offer from Texas the Gnats are a better option as long as they are offering close to the 8-10 MM he wants. NL, familiarity with the pitching, and despite Philly's SP, the NL East is no AL Beast. The weakest SP staff in the AL East is the Yankee's.:eek:

Just read on prorumors.com and espn rumors.com that the Nats are closing in on Lee. The O's are complicating things with their interest but it seems like the Nats are the favorites. It also said trhat Lee preferred to stay in the National League.

Sounds like a verbatim rehash of what Phil Wood said a couple of days ago. I don't believe this is a fresh report.

One of the ideas being talked about was that the Nationals would rather over spend money on Lee for one year as opposed to overpaying for LaRoche since they refused to do so for Dunn.

I had heard that, and I also see that Lee would prefer to stay in the National League. Its just another player with another reason for not wanting to play here.

I look at it this way. The Orioles are a chicken. But everyone says we sound like a duck. And everyone says we look like a duck. And everyone says we walk like a duck. So after a while, everything thinks we're a duck, even though we're a chicken.

The Orioles have a sour stench to us that is keeping free agents away. We need to take a shower!

I had heard that, and I also see that Lee would prefer to stay in the National League. Its just another player with another reason for not wanting to play here.

I look at it this way. The Orioles are a chicken. But everyone says we sound like a duck. And everyone says we look like a duck. And everyone says we walk like a duck. So after a while, everything thinks we're a duck, even though we're a chicken.

The Orioles have a sour stench to us that is keeping free agents away. We need to take a shower!

I'd rather be a duck than a chicken.:laughlol:

ostrich.jpg

Either way, BAL is plucked.....

Nothing?

BOO BOO HISS BOO YUCK BOO

:leaving:

Archived