Cubs Close to Garza Deal

Remember The Alomar

The Cubs and Rays have agreed to a trade that will send Matt Garza to Chicago, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. Chris Archer, Brandon Guyer, Robinson Chirinos, Hak-Ju Lee and Sam Fuld head to Tampa for Garza, a minor-league pitcher and a minor-league outfielder, Levine reports.

From MLBTR

I can say that this trade blows my mind...Just wow. I would never make this trade unless the minor league OF is Jennings haha. My guess the minor league pitcher is McGee or Thompson, the OF probably a no name. Lee will shift to 2B methinks.

From MLBTR

I can say that this trade blows my mind...Just wow. I would never make this trade unless the minor league OF is Jennings haha. My guess the minor league pitcher is McGee or Thompson, the OF probably a no name. Lee will shift to 2B methinks.

I see Brandon Guyer's name there. He was a year ahead of me in school. Went to the same elementary, middle, and high school as him. Can remember playing him in youth baseball and basketball and him just dominating. Seems to me that the Rays won this deal. Garza is a good pitcher but I think the Cubs gave up too much here.

Archived