2014 A.L. East Standings

OFFNY

o

The Blue Jays are sitting pretty, atop the division.

The Orioles and the Yankees are treading water.

The Red Sox are floundering.

The Rays are down and out. I believe that they have to go on a stretch of at least 32-18 over a 50-game period to give themselves even a modest chance at getting themselves back into the playoff race.

BLUE JAYS)..O 39-26 OOOOO --

ORIOLES .....o0O 32-30 OOOOO 5.5

YANKEES .....)Oo 31-31 OOOOO 6.5

RED SOX OOOOO 28-35 OOOOO 10

D-RAYS........).0O 24-41 OOOOO 15

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rays have the worst record in all of MLB. I think they are dead for all intents and purposes. But, "was you ever stung by a dead bee?" We still need to be up when we play them.

I don't count the Red Sox out by any means.

The Rays have the worst record in all of MLB. I think they are dead for all intents and purposes. But, "was you ever stung by a dead bee?" We still need to be up when we play them.

I don't count the Red Sox out by any means.

I think even I would have to concede the Rays are toast at this point. The Red Sox don't look far behind. Playing a lot of teams in the AL East in the second half (minus Toronto) may not be such a bad deal this year. The other divisions are looking potentially stronger in many ways.

Well, as things stand the Central isn't any stronger. Detroit is struggling but they'll likely right the ship -- nobody else in the division looks intimidating. The balance of power has definitely shifted to the AL West where I imagine at least Oakland and Los Angeles are favorites to land playoff spots, and Seattle is an above average team.

One ...... game ...... at .........................

As cliche as it is, it's a true one -- the Orioles can't be worried about what the standings will look like in August and they have to play the games in front of them. We really shouldn't either. Win each game, win each series, win each home/road stand. Beating up on the other AL East teams is most important because each of those games is a 2-for-1 deal.

Archived