Astros Fire Bo Porter and Dave Trembley

TonySoprano

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/09/astros-fire-bo-porter.html

Dave was the bench coach and ordinarily he would have been the one to fill in as manager on an interim basis.

I wouldn't be surprised if Porter disagreed and didn't get along with the analytics approach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They kept the worst parts of that band. The front office is awful.

Evidently they lost the clubhouse.

You can't keep a manager after they lose the clubhouse.

Has anyone ever kept a manger after they lost the clubhouse?

Really? I thought they clubhouse was lost when Appel did his workout. Not for any other reason.

Really? I thought they clubhouse was lost when Appel did his workout. Not for any other reason.

From May of 2013.

This isn’t the first time that Porter has publicly placed blame on a player. I understand that he was speaking out of frustration and in the heat of the moment — but a manager’s job is to take the high road in these types of situations. He can call out a player in private. Don’t do it in the media.

http://climbingtalshill.com/2013/05/18/bo-porter/

I don't like Appel. At all. I don't think he will have a Brad Brach career. There. I don't like someone.

He have a bad game in NY while you were in attendance?

2. Mark Appel, rhp, Astros

Mark Appel (Photo by Larry Goren).Team: Double-A Corpus Christi (Texas)

Why He’s Here: 1-0, 0.00, 8 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 SO

The Scoop: Mark Appel, Double-A pitcher, has been much better than Mark Appel, victim of Lancaster’s jet stream. It’s not just the results, which have been much, much better, but it’s the consistency of his stuff. His arm speed, velocity and slider have all carried over much more consistently in August than they did in May or June.

Where Appel’s fastball would often drop from the mid-90s to the low 90s pretty quickly in his midseason starts, he’s hitting 96 mph a lot now. He’s keeping his fastball down in the zone, and in his dominant start this week, his changeup was as good as it’s been all year. As the season wraps up, Appel is starting to show the stuff that was expected from the No. 1 pick in the 2013 draft. Now he just has to show he can maintain this kind of stuff for lengthier stretches.

Archived