Can we stop with the,"Davis won't be on the roster next year" stuff?

higgybaby

There is no way that chris Davis will be on anybody else's roster but this team next year. To suggest so is just an emotional reaction to your disappointment in this seasons performance.

You do not give up on a guy who is only a season removed from 53 home runs, 138 RBI, .286 avg, .370 OBP and someone who was in the conversation for 2013 MVP.

It just doesn't happen. Be real.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a replacement level player that will make around 12M next year. Not difficult to come up with justification for why he won't be back, and it has nothing to do with a suspension. Outside of last year, he's had one season that would justify anything close to that kind of compensation.

If there's a money crunch, because we want to sign Cruz, or Nick, or Miller, or anyone else, he's the first place I'd look to cut costs.

He was a replacement level player that will make around 12M next year. Not difficult to come up with justification for why he won't be back, and it has nothing to do with a suspension. Outside of last year, he's had one season that would justify anything close to that kind of compensation.

If there's a money crunch, because we want to sign Cruz, or Nick, or Miller, or anyone else, he's the first place I'd look to cut costs.

Even under the current arbitration rules I don't know if Boras heads into arbitration asking for a 20% raise after last season.

You might look to cut costs there first but a MLB Gm wouldn't.

The potential there is too great. Gm's are too risk adverse generally speaking, to make that kind of a move this soon.

If he were to not perform next year, that's a different story.

You might look to cut costs there first but a MLB Gm wouldn't.

The potential there is too great. Gm's are too risk adverse generally speaking, to make that kind of a move this soon.

If he were to not perform next year, that's a different story.

It is a different story regardless, he is a FA after next season.

And because the only thing he does better than pearce is hit HR's, and Pearce has pretty good power himself. I like CD, but I admit that I am a bit arse chapped at the adderal suspension this year. Its a money thing now, and it may well make the best sense to look at allocating his dollars in other areas.

And because the only thing he does better than pearce is hit HR's, and Pearce has pretty good power himself. I like CD, but I admit that I am a bit arse chapped at the adderal suspension this year. Its a money thing now, and it may well make the best sense to look at allocating his dollars in other areas.

Pearce has issues with his wrist and has never played a full season.

Not trying to dog on Pearce, but his bat was very cold against the Royals.

Davis returning depends on a lot of things, the first of which is whether the guy can actually produce when not on adderall. I'm sure the team knows when he used and when he didn't but we don't know. If he really does need it to perform, and the league won't grant a waiver, why would we keep him? He'll either struggle again or take it and possibly get a huge suspension, neither of which the Orioles want. There's also the Pearce factor. Does he end up in the OF or does Nick come back along with De Aza and whomever else pushing Pearce to DH/1st? How close do they think Walker is and do they want him at DH/1st? What happens if someone offers a trade for Davis that DD really likes? Do we sign Cruz and/or Miller and/or someone else expensive and need to save money? Do we trade someone like Norris and what do we get in return - what if we got a good corner OF, DH or 1B? And so on. While it's very likely Davis is back, there are far too many moving parts right now to guarantee it.

Archived