Can we stop with the,"Davis won't be on the roster next year" stuff?

higgybaby

And because the only thing he does better than pearce is hit HR's, and Pearce has pretty good power himself. I like CD, but I admit that I am a bit arse chapped at the adderal suspension this year. Its a money thing now, and it may well make the best sense to look at allocating his dollars in other areas.

He plays a better 1st base then Pearce he alos plays a better outfield and has a better arm for a right fielder. Davis can also play third if Manny is out and at this point Manny has had a little trouble staying on the field. Davis can fill both corner outfield positions and both infield positions and can even pitch if need be.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's significantly less than 50%. He's got so many things to prove to the powers that be, and they have to be concerned about how letting him back affects their credibility - particularly with his teammates. And I think that was emphasized big time when Buck put it to a vote of the players as to whether or not to put him on a post-season roster.

None of this is true, especially the last sentence.

There is no way that chris Davis will be on anybody else's roster but this team next year. To suggest so is just an emotional reaction to your disappointment in this seasons performance.

You do not give up on a guy who is only a season removed from 53 home runs, 138 RBI, .286 avg, .370 OBP and someone who was in the conversation for 2013 MVP.

It just doesn't happen. Be real.

I have been one of the people who have suggested that Davis be let go. It's not his 2014 numbers. A team shouldn't let him go simply because of one poor season with his BA. My problem is mainly because of the poor judgment that he showed regarding his use of Aderall. Being out 25 games, mostly during the playoffs hurt his team. I don't understand why he was (is?) using Aderall even though it was forbidden. I suppose ythat he thought that he could get away with it. Very poor judgment.

Davis was free to use Adderal in TEX and it didn't do him much good between the lines. He couldn't use it 2012-13 and he did great. I doubt the Adderal had much to do with his performance either way. Why he took it again only he knows.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing it was because of his struggles this season. I think he was likely frustrated and figured that trying the Adderal wouldn't hurt him.

I sincerely hope that Steve Pearce isn't the solution at 1B. He had a great year, I think the odds are a hell of a lot better that Pearce doesn't come close to reproducing those numbers than Davis being non-tendered.

How do you think is more likely to repeat?

Davis' 6.1 rWAR in 2013

Pearce's 6.0 rWAR in 2014?

How do you think is more likely to repeat?

Davis' 6.1 rWAR in 2013

Pearce's 6.0 rWAR in 2014?

Neither, honestly, but gun to my head? I'm taking Davis. I really enjoyed the season Pearce put up, but I still think Davis settles somewhere in between 2012 and 2014 stats wise.

Archived