.684) l) Plate Appearances

.269 )l) Batting Average

.346 l)) OBP

.744 ).) OPS

))13 ))., HR

ol38 )).l 2B

ol89 )).l RBI

Nick Markakis, Places in the Lineup:

1st: )oo) .245 BA ))o)) .358 OBP ))o)) .652 OPS )lolll 0 HR lllo))o 5 2B ll.oll 13 RBI llllo)oo (123 llllPlate Appearances)

2nd: oo)) .314 BA ))o)) .400 OBP ))o)) .914 OPS ))ol) 0 HR )))o)ll 7 2B ).lo)lll 8 RBI ))o))oo (40 l1l)Plate Appearances)

3rd: oo)) .250 BA ))o)) .333 OBP )))o) .833 OPS ))o)) 0 HR )))o)ll 2 2B ).llo)ll 2 RBI )))oo)o (9 1l)lyPlate Appearances)

4th: )oo) .264 BA ))o)) .330 OBP ))o)) .738 OPS ))o)) 5 HR )))o) 10 2B ))o)) 23 RBI )))o)oo (194 lllPlate Appearances)

5th: )oo) .278 BA ))o)) .349 OBP ))o)) .764 OPS ))o)) 8 HR ))o)) 14 2B )oo)) 43 RBI ))))ooo (315 lllPlate Appearances)

8th: oo)) .000 BA )))o) .000 OBP )o))) .000 OPS ))o)) 0 HR )))o)ll 0 2B ).l)o)lll 0 RBI )))o)oo (1 1l)l.Plate Appearances)

9th: oo)) .000 BA ))o)) .000 OBP ))o)) .000 OPS ))o)) 0 HR )))o)ll 0 2B )o.lollll 0 RBI )))o)oo (2 1)ll.Plate Appearances)

o

• 5 months later...

MASNSports Roch

Yovani Gallardo, who was traded to the Mariners for Smith. Gallardo went 0-2 with a 7.47 ERA and 1.66 WHIP in five Cactus League starts, with 13 runs and 19 hits in 15 2/3 innings. He tossed three scoreless innings yesterday and on March 4, but there were a few duds in there, including a March 27 start against the Padres when he surrendered seven runs and nine hits in 4 1/3 innings.

Left-hander T.J. McFarland, who signed with the Diamondbacks, made six one-inning appearances and allowed three runs and 14 hits for a 4.50 ERA and 2.50 WHIP.

Fourteen hits in six innings. That’s some serious scattering.

McFarland and teammate Brian Matusz were reassigned to minor league camp. Matusz was 1-0 with a 5.68 ERA and 1.74 WHIP in eight games, with four earned runs (five total), 10 hits, one walk and nine strikeouts in 6 1/3 innings.

Catcher Matt Wieters was 5-for-35 with no home runs or RBIs and 12 strikeouts after signing with the Nationals.

Guts (Jeremy Gutherie) likely to start for Nats when they need a 5th. He was going to retire, but my guess is was talked out of it and promised this start. Joe Ross has to stay 10 days in the minors so Gutherie will be the guy. Good luck Guts!

9 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Zach Davies had a forgettable season debut.  Gave up 6 runs in 4.1.  Four walks to one strike out.

If it were for us, I'd have been complaining. Like I normally do on those smallish pitchers. Or Jake Arrieta. 

11 hours ago, weams said:

If it were for us, I'd have been complaining. Like I normally do on those smallish pitchers. Or Jake Arrieta. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what-on-earth-happened-with-jake-arrieta/

Here is one Jake Arrieta fastball. 91 miles per hour. Harder than I can throw! Here is another Jake Arrieta fastball. 90 miles per hour.

o

Although he never pitched for the Orioles' Major League club, Andrew Triggs (2015 AA-Bowie) pitched 5.33 Innings of 0 earned run ball last night in win over the Angels.

Triggs did have a bad Strikes-to-Balls ratio in the 91 Pitches (50 Strikes, 41 Balls) that he threw while ceding 3 Walks, and notching only 1 Strikeout.

o

Tonight’s Mariners – Angels game featured several former Orioles, headlined by Yovani Gallardo making his Mariner debut.  Yovani was ho hum, giving up 3 ER and 8 hits in 5 IP. The most interesting thing was that he was sitting 92-94 mph with his four seamer and had good velocity on the two seamer as well

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?month=4&day=7&year=2017&game=gid_2017_04_07_seamlb_anamlb_1%2F&pitchSel=451596&prevGame=gid_2017_04_07_seamlb_anamlb_1%2F&prevDate=47&league=mlb

Bud Norris pitched out of a jam of his own making, Danny Valencia went 1-4 and made a couple of nice defensive plays, and Nelson Cruz went 1-4 while driving in the M’s only run.

It was a thrill a moment I tell ya!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Today against the Phillies, Guthrie had one of the worst pitching lines I've seen in recent years. 2/3 of an inning, 6 hits, 4 walks and 10 earned runs. 

That outing ain't Royal.

Same ERA as Liriano.  He gave up twice as many runs, but got twice as many outs.