Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

6 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Mark Reynolds is slashing .333/.402/.684/1.085 with 12 homers. 

He has been on base three more times again today.  Since he seemed to bottom out in Milwaukee in 2014, he has steadily rejuvenated himself.

2015     .230/.315/.713, 13 HR

2016     .282/.356/.806 14 HR

The increase in the batting average is notable.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:35 PM, Frobby said:

Nick hit his 400th double on Friday, 8th among active players.    If he stays healthy, he should garner his 2,000th hit sometime in late July.     

I think he'll get close to 2500 hits by the time his career is over.  He wasn't the star we thought he was going to be but there's no arguing with the numbers.  The guy has had a good career.

• 3 weeks later...

Pat Neshek pitched a combined two scoreless innings over the weekend against the Giants.  So far this year:

FIP: 2.16

WHIP: 0.787

H/9: 5.8

HR/9:  0.4

BB/9: 1.3

SO/9: 8.9

The Phillies signed him just to trade him at the deadline and it looks like it might pay off. I think Pat exemplifies all that is good and exasperating about Duquette.  Dan signed Neshek to a minor league deal at the start of 2012, one of Dan's first signings. Despite pitching well, Dan then had no second thoughts about promptly sending him off to Oakland later in August of that year for cash considerations.  Maybe he had a handshake agreement with Pat and there was no room in Baltimore, but that deal still puzzles me to this day.

Saw this article:

http://www.talkingchop.com/2017/6/7/15751688/nick-markakis-atlanta-braves-power-surge-hitting

Looks like Nick has fallen on hard times.

However, his slugging percentage this season now sits at a four-year low of .362 and, when coupled with a .358 BABIP, there are reasons to be concerned with Markakis. BABIP isn’t everything and that has to be noted but the veteran’s career mark is .317 and there are real signs that Markakis has actually been lucky to compile his (very) modest numbers this season.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Saw this article:

http://www.talkingchop.com/2017/6/7/15751688/nick-markakis-atlanta-braves-power-surge-hitting

Looks like Nick has fallen on hard times.

Mmmm, I dunno.    He's been slumping a bit the last three weeks or so (.632 OPS since May 17), but overall I'd say he's having a pretty typical Nick Markakis season.    He had a good game last night, 3 doubles and 5 RBI.