You Know You Bleed Orange and Black...

Orioles West

When on the last weekend of the regular season, with the Birds out of contention, you completely enjoy a victory against the Yankees, in hopes of reaching .500.

It is a weird psychological concern, to desperately want to avoid a 'losing' season. In essence, the season is lost, but something about the horrors of the dark decade plus of life below .500 haunts me.

So, cheering on my O's like this morning's game was meaningful was a blast. Same with last wins against Toronto. Of course, elimination day was brutal. However, my recovery time was shorter than it used to be as a lifelong fan. A standard loss used to ruin entire days, much less losing seasons.

It has been a tough year, not what anyone wanted, and yet, pure joy as I prepare for these last two games against the Empire. One more Manny homer maybe? A Crush Davis shot for old times sake? Somehow a winter of rebuilding as a non-losing team sounds a wee bit better.

Orange and black blood is still stirring...

-Don

When on the last weekend of the regular season, with the Birds out of contention, you completely enjoy a victory against the Yankees, in hopes of reaching .500.

It is a weird psychological concern, to desperately want to avoid a 'losing' season. In essence, the season is lost, but something about the horrors of the dark decade plus of life below .500 haunts me.

So, cheering on my O's like this morning's game was meaningful was a blast. Same with last wins against Toronto. Of course, elimination day was brutal. However, my recovery time was shorter than it used to be as a lifelong fan. A standard loss used to ruin entire days, much less losing seasons.

It has been a tough year, not what anyone wanted, and yet, pure joy as I prepare for these last two games against the Empire. One more Manny homer maybe? A Crush Davis shot for old times sake? Somehow a winter of rebuilding as a non-losing team sounds a wee bit better.

-Don

I agree with you as my son and I were at the 7 pm game last night and that 9th inning I was just as fired up (almost) as a playoff game as they got the final run and then final outs to take the doubleheader!

So, technically now, I'm very happy to have four consecutive non-losing seasons. Sometimes it doesn't sound like much, but compared with the previous decade plus of the dark ages, a really, really sweet sweep. Had to be the Yanks too, just for the extra challenge and fun.

Now to sign back some Birds so we can avoid a return to the void...

-Don

Well said Don.

So, technically now, I'm very happy to have four consecutive non-losing seasons. Sometimes it doesn't sound like much, but compared with the previous decade plus of the dark ages, a really, really sweet sweep. Had to be the Yanks too, just for the extra challenge and fun.

Now to sign back some Birds so we can avoid a return to the void...

I am with you 100%.

-Don

One has to truly bleed orange and black in order to go to the Saturday night game with the rain falling and blowing in the cold wind. Shiver and root for our guys. Fortunately, the O's bashed the Yank-Mees.

Then wake up early and go off to Sunday's game. No rain, but cloudy and chilly, football-type weather. Got my Steve Pearce bobblehead and rooted hard for the O's. Possibly saw Chris Davis for the final time in an O's uniform; I hope not. Sang "O'DAAAAYY-OHHH, O'DAYYY-OHHH" for possibly the final time for O'Day as an Oriole. Saw Steve Pearce go Oh-for-whatever for possibly the final time as an Oriole. Saw Matt Wieters catch and bat as an Oriole for possibly the final time. :(

Still, the Orioles slaughtered the Yank-Mees and finshed at .500. :)

Archived