It's going to be a dogfight with Detroit, Seattle, Houston, KC, and New York

Spy Fox

Don't get me wrong, I'm not conceding the division quite yet. I think this team can have another hot streak in them that might let us squeak into that AL East crown if the Jays falter. But the odds aren't in our favor on that front, and I thought it might be worth a new thread to track how our WC chasers are doing, parallel to the thread tracking our division foes.

We don't play any more games against Houston, KC, or Seattle. But our games against NY and especially that one series against Detroit are potentially huge for our playoff chances.

Over the next month we need these teams to lose as often as possible, which means I'll be rooting hard for the Rays, Twins, White Sox, Angels, and Athletics. Rangers and Indians too, sure--I don't care how much they win their division by. I just want to see the O's back in October!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the ones,chasing the Orioles seem to have as many ups and downs as the Orioles. KC has alot more games at home .They have a really good home record. Still think the Yankees fade.

Agreed. Barring a total O's collapse (which they haven't really had all year--no horrible losing streaks, just sustained mediocrity since July 1) I'm feeling pretty good about our wild card chances still. None of the teams chasing us scare me. KC is hot but that can fade in an instant. If we have a terrible series in Detroit though, that could cause some big trouble.

The Yankees aren't good enough.

I'm mainly worried about the Tigers and the Royals.

Just Royals for me, they are on a mission and they know how to play ball at this time of the year. They are average or less all season until August then turn it up when it matters. We peaked back in June and have been downhill ever since.

Agreed. Barring a total O's collapse (which they haven't really had all year--no horrible losing streaks, just sustained mediocrity since July 1) I'm feeling pretty good about our wild card chances still. None of the teams chasing us scare me. KC is hot but that can fade in an instant. If we have a terrible series in Detroit though, that could cause some big trouble.

Honestly I think mediocrity is kind. The O's are 24-30 (72 win pace) over the last 54 games, which is full 1/3 of the season. I'm really hoping the return of Tillman, O'Day, and Jones can give us one last shot in the arm, but the O's have been struggling for nearly two months now with Tillman & Jones available for most of that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived