• 240 replies
    • 19.8k views
    • 75 replies
    • 5.9k views
    • 70 replies
    • 5.4k views
    • 94 replies
    • 10.8k views

• I’m not so sure the bolded part is true. I think a lot of that last bit can have to do with small skills: situational hitting/running, above average play in close games, generally things that can be boiled down to “luck.” I didn’t see this years team as having a major talent discrepancy from the 2023 version.
    • As great as Gunnar is can’t assume he matches last year. That said I like the odds of the team as a whole matching what we did. 
    • The real improvement of this team will come from within.    The 3-5 players they bring in from outside the org will supplement the roster…maybe put it over the top but the real improvement will come from those already in the org.
    • Yeah. -Would love to keep Burnes but I seriously doubt it. -I have a lot of faith in Adley.  - Holliday has huge ceiling even if he isn’t ready to be elite.  - doesn’t always work this way but the better your closer is tends to help rest of pen 
    • Nice OP. Thanks for the effort. Like the chart. Surprised it hasn't received much response. You sum up a lot of what I hope for as well. I'd add: I think a full - healty year of Westy will be even more valuable. I think Gunnar has even more in the tank. I want - hope that Holliday can develop into the lead off hitter and OBP table setter we need. And, I so want Cowser to cut down on strike outs and continue to develop as a professional hitter. I think he has the potential to cover for the loss of Santander while Big K develops on the right side. A lot to hope for but I believe these youngsters have a lot of potential yet to tap. And oh yes - I want Mayo to make Roy and all of us proud! Thanks again for the effort! I look at pitching as if we have a base. I agree with your points 1 and 2.