Heyman: Oswalt on O's radar

ChaosLex

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea when Oswalt is looking to sign, but I would imagine this would be a huge shot in the arm for this team if he were to sign here.

That being said, I don't know what he has left in the tank and I'm not sure how his stuff is going to translate to the AL East.

To me, far more important to this club is a reliable, sure handed third baseman with a clutch bat. I admit that Oswalt would be a good pickup, but he's been slowed by injuries

and would want a multi year deal for big $$$. My dream FA at the deadline wouldve been David Wright, but theres no way in hell that would happen now.

[O's]walt is not getting a multi-year contract. Offer the man $12 million, though, and make him say no. When he doesn't, get him on the first plane to Sarasota.

To me, far more important to this club is a reliable, sure handed third baseman with a clutch bat. I admit that Oswalt would be a good pickup, but he's been slowed by injuries

and would want a multi year deal for big $$$. My dream FA at the deadline wouldve been David Wright, but theres no way in hell that would happen now.

I agree that the man will want to be paid, I don't think he wants a Multi-year deal. Pretty sure he could have signed a multi-year deal with a lot of teams over the offseason. He wants to be able to pick and choose if and for whom he pitches for.

Archived