What if Reimold has a monster spring?

Greg Pappas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone always talking about trading Luke? He was our best hitter last year and he's not a FA until 2013. They obviously built the roster to try to be competitive this year. He's a better player right now than Pie or Reimold and he gives you the best chance to win baseball games out of the 3 LF options. If Reimold plays so incredibly well this spring that he forces his way onto the roster, and Pie must be kept b/c he's out of options, then you have to make room for both of them. A bench of Pie, Reimold, Izzy and Fox like someone suggested earlier. I'd love that.

Pie's out of options, so he stays regardless of how his Spring is. Reimold goes to Norfolk unless Lee ends up on the D/L.

Yep -Agreed....and this is why you can never have enough depth. I hope Reimold hits the snot out of the ball. He may end up more than a luxury in the minors depending on health.

Why is everyone always talking about trading Luke? He was our best hitter last year and he's not a FA until 2013. They obviously built the roster to try to be competitive this year. He's a better player right now than Pie or Reimold and he gives you the best chance to win baseball games out of the 3 LF options. If Reimold plays so incredibly well this spring that he forces his way onto the roster, and Pie must be kept b/c he's out of options, then you have to make room for both of them. A bench of Pie, Reimold, Izzy and Fox like someone suggested earlier. I'd love that.

Yeah I want to win this year some games. Wouldnt trade Luke till the deadline and only if we are pretty well out of the hunt.

We might have depth in 2011 but don't forget about 2012. We won't have Lee and Vlad so we actually will have holes to fill. If we trade Scott or Reimold the situation in 2012 will be worse. I don't see Pie as more than a 4th outfielder, so I don't see an issue with trading him but we wouldn't get much in return.

Right now, Izzy and Pie are locks barring a trade because Izzy has his contract and Pie has no options is the only sub for CF.

That leaves two slots, one of which needs to be a Catcher.

To answer the question of the thread, if Reimold has a monster spring, he gets one of those spots and it basically forces Fox to fill the roles of C and Corner. Thankfully Fox is having an equally hot spring.

It's highly unlikely that AM would construct the team the way he has and then turn around and trade Scott before the deadline.

However, this was posted today, so I figure it's worth adding to the discussion.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/03/angels-seek-left-handed-bat.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I would like to see Reimold get regular reps at AAA and possibly take over DH or LF duties after a bat is traded at the deadline, but I'd at least be gauging LAA's level of interest.

"I've never cut a guy hitting that high before. But he was making the rest of us look bad with that average." - Earl Weaver in 1980 when he demoted Drungo Hazewood to the minors although he was hitting .583 in spring training

Get him some time at first-give Lee at least one day off a week and another day @ DH to give Vlad a day off. Give Luke one day off a week and perhaps Markakis and Jones each a day off a week. He can go to right for Nick and let Nick play center when Jones has a day off. That should give him enough at bats to stay up instead of going to Norfolk and to keep him fresh. If we have problems with our pitching, package someone to get some pitching back.

Get him some time at first-give Lee at least one day off a week and another day @ DH to give Vlad a day off. Give Luke one day off a week and perhaps Markakis and Jones each a day off a week. He can go to right for Nick and let Nick play center when Jones has a day off. That should give him enough at bats to stay up instead of going to Norfolk and to keep him fresh. If we have problems with our pitching' date=' package someone to get some pitching back.[/quote']

Great post. Makes it seem a simple matter for Nolan to start 5 days a week.

Its an interesting problem to have, and I'm a huge Reimold fan so I'd love to see him stick with the team and play on a regular basis. As an aside, if Dempsey says that Reimold is going to hit 40 homers this season, I'm going three stooges on him, head bonks, eye gouges, moustache yanks, hair pulls, the whole nine yards. Bite your tongue, Rick.

If Reimold makes the bench along with Fox, Pie, and Izzi, how many PA can he expect to see? He can DH when Vlad is resting, occasionally fill in in LF, and PH. But they may prefer Harris, who can play just about all positions except C. They will want an IF to take over when they PH for Izzi.

Archived