Q & A with MacPhail

8ripken2131

Its funny in AM's response he responds with his trade value first, and then adds that they have had preliminary talks. (Talks that my guy was not aware of!). Just seems strange how AM responded to that question.

Peace.. How likely do you think Bedard goes before next season? I feel like it is a pretty decent possibility.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let the hype begin!

:D

This is why I love the offseason. We loooooove hype, almost moreso than action!

Yeah, I've come to realize this myself. But I guess that tends to happen when you have 10 losing seasons in a row. Its all about the prospects coming up, players we're going to sign, trades we're going to make, etc.

BTW, the offseason is probably my favorite part of the season. At least until we're competitive again.

Me too, he feels like he should be 25. Well, look at it this way, we'd replace Tejada's power production, get 2 years younger and still do a lot of rebuilding around him.

I like Jason Bay. I'm not crazy about trading Penn & Liz for him, but he would fit the bill of the left fielder we've been clamoring for for like 38 years now.

Curious how all the trade talk jives with AM's "pitching and defense" mantra. It'd take some young pitching to score Jason Bay, who's an adequate but not spectacular defender.

If we trade Bedard and Tejada, we'll instantly be younger, cheaper and prone to improvement instead of decline, which is where I believe we are now. That said, we might take it on the chin next season.

I'll be much more interested than I was this year, though.

What we know so far - Look for 5 trades, maybe a blockbuster

There could be as many as 4 arms that we trade this winter including Bedard, Penn, Liz. Others on the block - Tejada, Hernandez, Millar or Huff, Gibbons

Jason Bay?

Nothing on Miguel Cabrera.

Anything more that can be added, insiders?

There could be as many as 4 arms that we trade this winter including Bedard, Penn, Liz. Others on the block - Tejada, Hernandez, Millar or Huff, Gibbons

Jason Bay?

What to do with Mora? He'll almost certainly want out if/when Tejada is dealt.

I don't think that this franchise is in a position just to categorically reject anything without considering it

Which tells me they are shopping him

We've already had sort of preliminary conversations on an [extension] with his representative, but nothing specific

Words like sort of an nothing specific jump out at me.

Jason Bay?

They're waiting to see if the Mets reaign LaDuca before going forward with Hernandez. The Giants are another team interested in Ramon.

Archived