Describe in one word how you feel about this team right now.

DuffMan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough... but as you evaluate them right now, you have to evaluate everything you have seen. Not as good as you look when things are going well, nor as bad as you look when things are going bad. Not great, not poor... mediocre.

Overall, they are an inconsistent team that can't seem to win the games they need to win to stay in contention. The offense should be better, but we are 1/3 of the way through the season and we've been saying that for 52 games now. The SP has been good mostly, but they're starting to wear down a bit. Matusz returning will help, but IMO what this team really needs is BRob back at the top of the order and producing. Hopefully, if that happens Nick will fall in line too. Right now, my frustrated opinion of them is that they are losers.

Overall, they are an inconsistent team that can't seem to win the games they need to win to stay in contention. The offense should be better, but we are 1/3 of the way through the season and we've been saying that for 52 games now. The SP has been good mostly, but they're starting to wear down a bit. Matusz returning will help, but IMO what this team really needs is BRob back at the top of the order and producing. Hopefully, if that happens Nick will fall in line too. Right now, my frustrated opinion of them is that they are losers.

There's the problem right there. People need to stop even mentioning that word when it comes to this team.

There's the problem right there. People need to stop even mentioning that word when it comes to this team.

I don't think so. If Tampa and Toronto can stay in contention this early, there is absolutely no reason we can't. Those two don't have rosters clearly better than us (and maybe not better at all), and they are hanging in. I don't think it's alot to ask for them to go out to OAK and SEA and win 4 of 6 games. They are the best of those 3 teams, and you wouldn't know it from their performance.

I don't think so. If Tampa and Toronto can stay in contention this early, there is absolutely no reason we can't. Those two don't have rosters clearly better than us (and maybe not better at all), and they are hanging in. I don't think it's alot to ask for them to go out to OAK and SEA and win 4 of 6 games. They are the best of those 3 teams, and you wouldn't know it from their performance.

That's the problem...People are having a really hard time grasping that TB and Toronto are simply better than us...and, on top of that, they have some guys coming up from the minors that will help them.

I came into the season thinking we would be better than Toronto but also felt that many were vastly underestimating that team. I didn't think Bautista would continue what he did last year but i was wrong about that...So, because of that and because of their pen and some of their depth, Toronto is now likely a better team than us or, at the very least, on the same level.

That's the problem...People are having a really hard time grasping that TB and Toronto are simply better than us...and, on top of that, they have some guys coming up from the minors that will help them.

I came into the season thinking we would be better than Toronto but also felt that many were vastly underestimating that team. I didn't think Bautista would continue what he did last year but i was wrong about that...So, because of that and because of their pen and some of their depth, Toronto is now likely a better team than us or, at the very least, on the same level.

That's simply not true. They are certainly playing better than we are, but the talent level is practically even. Both of those teams may have more guys coming up from the minors to help them soon, but that should have no reflection on how the 3 have compared so far.

That's simply not true. They are certainly playing better than we are, but the talent level is practically even. Both of those teams may have more guys coming up from the minors to help them soon, but that should have no reflection on how the 3 have compared so far.

I just disagree about the talent levels on each team.

Hopeless

Unless Britton/Matusz/Arrieta become the second-coming of Glavine/Smoltz/Maddux, there really isn't any hope of contending any time soon. There is no difference-making offensive talent anywhere near ready. And while the starting pitching has been decent, this team is still in the bottom third if the AL in both runs allowed and runs scored. Not a lot of reason for hope.

Archived