Describe in one word how you feel about this team right now.

DuffMan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, of all they're not on pace for 92 losses, not even close. Second, the fact that you are happy about it because it means you get to be right says alot about you as a person. 21 more to go.

I am not happy... but I will be right, and I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Mediocre.

The O's are a .500 ish team... that is the definition of mediocre. Seeing as how .500 was the expectation of most coming into '11, some of the adjectives above seem over the top.

I think you are just looking at it from a different angle than the 'over the top' responses that preceeded you.

You are looking at it as an objective person in the scope of the entire season to date. A very viable way to look at it and probably a much less frustrating look.

The others took the "right now" aspect of the OP and ran with it and are looking at things as a fan of a team that just lost 4 straight games in a weaker part of their schedule. Most people going into the set with Oakland and Seattle were predicting a 4-2 record after the six games. We are only 4 games in and are already 0-4 and back to 4-games under .500. That hurts. For me, it's hard to describe the team in one word, so I'll use three:

I will echo cstoners "Mediocre" and add: "Inconsistent" and "Anemic" (in terms of typical offensive output).

Mediocre.

The O's are a .500 ish team... that is the definition of mediocre. Seeing as how .500 was the expectation of most coming into '11, some of the adjectives above seem over the top.

I don't think so. The OP says describe how you feel about them right now. Right now, I've seen them lose 4 straight with a punchless offense and awful to mediocre SP. Since they went out west they are playing like losers.

Pissed!

Now, had you told me in March that at the 1/3 mark we'd be 4 games under .500, I would have taken it. But, seeing as how we were .500 a few days ago, and were heading out to play supposedly weaker teams, I can safely say that "right now" I am pissed!

Archived