• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does a player get "noticed" by scouts without a school? I'm not sure I understand the logistics.

He can play in an organized league. Or have played for a school before. An example. High school graduate. TJ surgery. Works with Dad a year while rehabbing.

How does a player get "noticed" by scouts without a school? I'm not sure I understand the logistics.

Travel teams, Babe Ruth, American Legion Ball. I've been known to sneak peaks at kids there in the summer. Could be homeschooled and then play in one of those to get noticed.

• 1 month later...

Bennett Parry was one of the top HS left handed pitching prospects in So Cal and ended up going to Cal State Northridge. He was injured as a freshman and took off his sophomore year to rehab. After rehabbing, he stared playing in a summer league and was dominant and throwing pain free. Apparently an Oriole scout saw him pitch, drafted him and Parry decided to sign and not return to school. He wasn’t enrolled in college on draft day, so it said “No School”. He was completely under the radar leading up to the draft. From everything I’ve heard, this could be a sensational pick for the O’s and shouldn’t be thought of as a traditional 40th round pick.

Bennett Parry was one of the top HS left handed pitching prospects in So Cal and ended up going to Cal State Northridge. He was injured as a freshman and took off his sophomore year to rehab. After rehabbing, he stared playing in a summer league and was dominant and throwing pain free. Apparently an Oriole scout saw him pitch, drafted him and Parry decided to sign and not return to school. He wasn’t enrolled in college on draft day, so it said “No School”. He was completely under the radar leading up to the draft. From everything I’ve heard, this could be a sensational pick for the O’s and shouldn’t be thought of as a traditional 40th round pick.

Just found these on youtube.

[video=youtube;QzhHUiejdsw]

[video=youtube;OOPLat9Geok]

I'm no scout and not a judge of mechanics, but his arm swing looks very funky. Other than that, the rest of his delivery looks pretty smooth.

Yeah, he throws a baseball like he could throw a football a long way. It looks like he might have a hyper-extended shoulder at some point if he continues that motions. I also wonder if that motion is how he gets a lot of his movement on pitches. I also think he control is a little off due to that motion as well. Maybe he is over throwing a bit. Either way, you can't teach arm strength, but you can teach proper mechanics. His arm looks fine to me and we need all the help we can get.

Archived