Lots of talks with the Angels today

bigbird

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Contenders will overpay in July. More teams will be willing to ante up top talent for one of baseballs best pitchers in order to put them over.

I agree. Hasn't SG always said positional players are more valuable in the offseason and Pitching at the trading deadline.

Exactly.....rumors startint to surface that Cabrera to the Dodgers will happen due to prospects matching up better with the Fish needs.

Angels reportedly asked for a 48 hour window to negotiate extension with Cabrera......but who knows if this has ANY credibility....or if it was granted.

The question becomes who would the Dodgers prefer..MCab or Bedard?

I hope we don't go after Bay.

Three way anyone?

I'm okay with Bay so long as Santana is part of it. If we can keep Wood and get Bay, that works.

I don't think Bedard loses any value if we wait until the deadline, in fact he may be more valuable to a team that feels it's within striking distance. My worry is that Cabrera goes to the Dodgers in return for a bunch of talent. Who knows who will be in the middle of a race next summer? I think waiting might open up some doors for us, but at the same time, it's rolling the dice that Bedard stays healthy. If he gets hurt before the break and refuses to sign long term, we may have screwed ourselves... it's a tough situation, really.

Not if he gets hurt.

I doubt we will get more for him in July than we can now...Why risk it?

I am in totally agreement. This is pretty much the peak, not much more he can do, only thing I see is downside.

I see that we could possibly get a slightly higher package, but the risk of getting much less is more likely.

Contenders will overpay in July. More teams will be willing to ante up top talent for one of baseballs best pitchers in order to put them over.

Flawed logic, but this is the line we are most likely giving because we don't want to look like we have to trade him so teams will have to blow us away to get him. My guess is he'll get moved at the Winter Meetings...

I like the idea of getting Bay. I think if he moves to the AL and a better lineup he'll have better #'s. But the question is will we extend him or not? I do however have some concerns over his right knee which he had problems with at the end of the season. He's already had arthoscopic surgery on the same knee in 2006. I'm sure the O's will put him through their rigorous physical though to make sure that he is healthy...

Flawed logic, but this is the line we are most likely giving because we don't want to look like we have to trade him so teams will have to blow us away to get him. My guess is he'll get moved at the Winter Meetings...

I like the idea of getting Bay. I think if he moves to the AL and a better lineup he'll have better #'s...

Not a chance from what I'm hearing.

Archived