Lots of talks with the Angels today

bigbird

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. Hasn't SG always said positional players are more valuable in the offseason and Pitching at the trading deadline.

Yes and this is normally the case and may even end up being the case with Bedard.

However, Bedard has an injury history...He can be with his new for a full 2 seasons...He is coming off of a great year.

What do the Orioles hope to accomplish by keeping him? No team is going to give up 4 top guys for Bedard and even if some team would, it is not worth paying him 3-4 million dollars(first half pay), going through the negotiating of a one year contract and risking injury for the chance someone gives you that 4th player.

I just don't see what is accomplishes.

Yes and this is normally the case and may even end up being the case with Bedard.

However, Bedard has an injury history...He can be with his new for a full 2 seasons...He is coming off of a great year.

What do the Orioles hope to accomplish by keeping him? No team is going to give up 4 top guys for Bedard and even if some team would, it is not worth paying him 3-4 million dollars(first half pay), going through the negotiating of a one year contract and risking injury for the chance someone gives you that 4th player.

I agree that it's a risk.

I think that a team's sense of urgency is heightened when they're in the middle of a race, but it's an awful big gamble for a team in our position to take. If Bedard (God forbid) seriously injures himself between now and the trade deadline AFTER he turns down our extension offer, we are deep sh!t.

I agree that it's a risk.

I think that a team's sense of urgency is heightened when they're in the middle of a race, but it's an awful big gamble for a team in our position to take. If Bedard (God forbid) seriously injures himself between now and the trade deadline AFTER he turns down our extension offer, we are deep sh!t.

Right...This team has way too many needs to be pinning hopes that Bedard is great for a few more months in hope to MAYBE get a better package than we can now.

Don't think so...Bigbird has been saying for a week or so that he is hearing Bedard is staying...Belkast has heard different.

Peace probably wouldn't be quite as in tune with what's happening inside the warehouse since his contact works for Bedard's agency... but yes, I was quite intrigued by Belkast's info this morning. There seems to be some discrepancies in what our internal boys are hearing.

Don't think so...Bigbird has been saying for a week or so that he is hearing Bedard is staying...Belkast has heard different.

I have been saying if not this offseason then by the trading deadline. I think BB's guy basically said by the trading deadline. It all depends if/when somebody proposes the right deal.

Very well said, I couldn't agree more. I may change my sig to reflect this. Update: Just did. =)

I have been saying if not this offseason then by the trading deadline. I think BB's guy basically said by the trading deadline. It all depends if/when somebody proposes the right deal.

Do you know the players that could be involved with the Angels, Belkast?

Archived