Lots of talks with the Angels today

bigbird

The Yankees certainly should give up what it takes. Their pitching is very uncertain.

Tigers? Maybe, maybe not.

Boston? Maybe not Boston but they would certainly be tough to beat in the playoffs with him, even moreso than they are now.

The FA route for pitchers this year is terrible.

Who would you want from the Yankees for Bedard. They won't give up Joba, Hughes or Kennedy.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dpends who wants to step up to the plate. BB is right we could get more from a desperate team in July BUT, there just might be a deperate team to get off to a good start and impress their fans and a new manager. HINT HINT Dodgers

Not if they trade for Miguel Cabrera. They won't have anything left to give us...

By the way this thread is taking a strange turn..What happen to the Angels and O's talking. We all somehow end up debating about Bedard. Its funny.

I think the notion was Tejada to the Angels and then flipping some of that deal to Pittsburgh for Bay... I said I would be fine with that so long as we were able to trade Bedard.

My bad!!!!!!

Who would you want from the Yankees for Bedard. They won't give up Joba, Hughes or Kennedy.

They said they wouldn't trade them for Cabrera. Bedard is a whole other animal. Hughes or Kennedy would be game in a Bedard deal. I'd want one of those two plus Tabata, Jackson and Horne...

I think the notion was Tejada to the Angels and then flipping some of that deal to Pittsburgh for Bay... I said I would be fine with that so long as we were able to trade Bedard.

My bad!!!!!!

Haha..no problem. Just hilarious that we may not even be talking to LAA about either Bedard or Tejada.

Not if they trade for Miguel Cabrera. They won't have anything left to give us...

This is a bit of received wisdom on this board that I find to be specious.

The Dodgers' farm system - and I include guys like Kemp and Loney in that, even though they have already had some success - is LOADED.

They can afford Cabrera and Bedard. They'd have to give up one or both of Kemp and Loney (which would be stupid, IMO), but they could do it.

This is a bit of received wisdom on this board that I find to be specious.

The Dodgers' farm system - and I include guys like Kemp and Loney in that, even though they have already had some success - is LOADED.

They can afford Cabrera and Bedard. They'd have to give up one or both of Kemp and Loney (which would be stupid, IMO), but they could do it.

The price of Cabrera is four of Kemp, Loney, Kershaw, Billingsley and LaRoche. Who is left after that that would be worth trading Bedard for?

They said they wouldn't trade them for Cabrera. Bedard is a whole other animal. Hughes or Kennedy would be game in a Bedard deal. I'd want one of those two plus Tabata, Jackson and Horne...
If their SP is questionable, why would they give up 2 of their young SP's who have as much upside as Bedard for Bedard?

Archived