Hunter and Davis speak on joining the O's

ChaosLex

Bell was a pretty good return on Sherrill I thought, he just didn't work out. But Koji netted us a much better return. A 36-year-old reliever for two potential everyday players?

I hope Chris Davis can break through and solidify himself as our everyday 1B, anyway. Has anyone looked at his AAA stats for this year? 24 HR in 48 games. .368avg and .405obp. He's clearly way too advanced for the PCL, those stats are simply amazing. Dunno how he'll do here... but he could be another Mark Reynolds. Imagine getting 30+ HR from 1B and 3B, and 20+ HR from SS and CF. That's a lot of power.

Bell was a pretty good return on Sherrill I thought, he just didn't work out. But Koji netted us a much better return. A 36-year-old reliever for two potential everyday players?

I hope Chris Davis can break through and solidify himself as our everyday 1B, anyway. Has anyone looked at his AAA stats for this year? 24 HR in 48 games. .368avg and .405obp. He's clearly way too advanced for the PCL, those stats are simply amazing. Dunno how he'll do here... but he could be another Mark Reynolds. Imagine getting 30+ HR from 1B and 3B, and 20+ HR from SS and CF. That's a lot of power.

And remember, Chris Davis is a very good defensive first baseman. I really like this trade. IMO, we got way more for Koji than we got for Sherrill. I was critical of the Sherrill deal when it was made, but can find no fault in this trade. But I will admit, I am a big fan of power at the infield corners. Davis is a nice project. Like that part. To also get Tommy Hunter, who may have actually been the principle piece in this trade is just awesome. I am very pleased with this trade.

Has anyone looked at his AAA stats for this year? 24 HR in 48 games. .368avg and .405obp. He's clearly way too advanced for the PCL, those stats are simply amazing.

I noticed those stats yesterday. I know AAA numbers often don't translate to the majors but he absolutely demolished AAA pitching this year.. he's averaging a homer every other game. Hopefully he can put it all together here.

• 4 years later...

Archived