It is time to at least give a little credit to the O's

We are all frustrated beyond anything and we all criticize the Orioles for many things (and rightfully so) but I think by signing the "big three" yesterday as well as signing a few others to overslot contracts you have to give credit where credit is due.

I think this draft has added some nice talent and if you put on your orange glasses you could say that we got the best pitcher plus two 1st round talents but only time will tell how they will end up.

Should be interesting to see what this draft has done to our top 10 list as well as our BA ranking for next year.

I have read all along that BA's Jim Callis likes the potential of our draft. There is no doubt that the success of the three most recent signs (especially Bundy) will determine the sucess of the O's overall draft. But I agree that Jordan & Co. deserve lots of credit for getting it done. It would be great to stay positive about this draft until/unless there is actually something to be negative about.

I give credit to them for getting Bundy signed to a good deal and spending the money on Delmonico.

I would give them real credit had they drafted Bell or Norris in R2, signed them and still got Delmonico.

Bell was drafted before the Orioles picked. Three spots before in fact.

I give credit to them for getting Bundy signed to a good deal and spending the money on Delmonico.

I would give them real credit had they drafted Bell or Norris in R2, signed them and still got Delmonico.

Bell was drafted before the Orioles picked. Three spots before in fact.

Your correct that Bell was not an option...though I have little doubt that Bell would not have been our selection had he been there. A ton of credit goes to the Bucs for making the move and getting the deal done.

We will never find out eventually after a couple of years, but at least potential wise I think we had a top 5 draft. Just read that Toronto failed to sign their 1st rounder, very interesting.

No, not close. Strictly from a "look at it today" standpoint I don't see any way Baltimore's draft could be slotted ahead of:

Boston

Tampa

Toronto

Washington

Arizona

San Diego

Pittsburgh

Chicago (N)

Milwaukee

Giants

Though I haven't combed through all of last night's signings.

I do like that they signed their top 11 picks. First time since JJ took over.

That is good to see. I am very glad they spent the money.

Just wish they had drafted a few more higher upside players.

I give them credit for drafting their top 11....I was hard on them several weeks ago. I am happy to say they did a nice job. The Orioles desperately need to be winners in the draft for us to have any hope.

No, not close. Strictly from a "look at it today" standpoint I don't see any way Baltimore's draft could be slotted ahead of:

Boston

Tampa

Toronto

Washington

Arizona

San Diego

Pittsburgh

Chicago (N)

Milwaukee

Giants

Though I haven't combed through all of last night's signings.

Wow! There we go again behind our competition and sinking deeper into the abyss. We're all happy, I guess, but none of the signings save for Bundy have star potential based upon a sampling of reviews. Decent upside but middling talent, I fear. We'll root our as - er - butts off to see them succeed but in the end we're joining NMS with our treks to the Bay Bridge for salvation from this mess. Got anything good to add Dipper?

I do not really think anyone should get down or be negative because of this draft. Instead we should be glad to get someone into our farm system, who is by some considered to be the best pitcher in the draft.

I think the draft was fine, and Bundy is an excellent addition that everyoen should be happy about. I also think the degree to which 75% of the rest of the AL East improved themselves was, at this point in time, greater than Baltimore's improvement. Now we'll see how everyone develops.

Archived