Roch: According to industry sources, Dipoto is looking like the top choice for the Angels

ChaosLex

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dipoto also will interview for the Angels' GM job, according to various reports. He's starting to look like their top choice.

I'm not really sure how anyone knows Dipoto is the Angels' top choice, before he has even been interviewed. Do we know who else they are interviewing?

That said, if most people had a choice between taking the Angels job or the Orioles job, it wouldn't be much of a contest.

I'm not really sure how anyone knows Dipoto is the Angels' top choice, before he has even been interviewed. Do we know who else they are interviewing?

That said, if most people had a choice between taking the Angels job or the Orioles job, it wouldn't be much of a contest.

As SG mentioned the other day, the Angels dealt with Dipoto when they completed the Haren trade. Perhaps they liked what they saw?

Everything I have read on Dipoto has me convinced he could be difference maker as a GM. Of course that is IF he is allowed to do his job. Now, reading this just sucks. I know if I were Dipoto and had a choice between these 2 jobs well.....

Not saying LaCava or someone else wouldn't be good but I had Dipoto at the top of the list. Oh well. Can't anything go the O's way? Don't answer that...I know, I know.

Do you really think they need to interview him to know what he is all about?

Do you really think they need to interview him to know what he is all about?

I'm sure they know plenty about Dipoto and the other candidates, but I doubt they'd make a decision without a lengthy interview. My question is, where is Roch coming from with his statement that it is "starting to look like their top choice?" Where is he getting that from?

I enjoy Roch's humor, but his reporting style sometimes annoys me. He's very vague about when he has sources, and when he is just speculating. A lot of his speculation turns out to be wrong -- remember him saying that it appeared clear that Terry Crowley was going to remain the hitting coach?

I'm sure they know plenty about Dipoto and the other candidates, but I doubt they'd make a decision without a lengthy interview. My question is, where is Roch coming from with his statement that it is "starting to look like their top choice?" Where is he getting that from?

I enjoy Roch's humor, but his reporting style sometimes annoys me. He's very vague about when he has sources, and when he is just speculating. A lot of his speculation turns out to be wrong -- remember him saying that it appeared clear that Terry Crowley was going to remain the hitting coach?

Probably industry sources.

And just because Dipoto is their top choice now, doesn't mean he will be after the interviewing process.

But there are likely always going to be a favorite going into these types of things.

The Angels have received permission from the Arizona Diamondbacks to interview Jerry Dipoto for the Angels' vacant GM position.

Dipoto, 43, is the Diamondbacks' senior vice president for scouting and player development after serving as the team's interim GM for part of the 2010 season. He joins two Yankees' execs on the Angels' emerging list of GM candidates.

The Angels received permission to interview Yankees vice president of amateur scouting Damon Oppenheimer and director of professional scouting Billy Eppler earlier this week though none of the interviews are believed to have taken place yet.

The O's will probably interview only one or two other candidates. They are making my weekend hiring not look too good. j/k. But I still think they will get this done in a week or so. Hopefully,less.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44911670/ns/local_news-orange_county_ca/

Time to show Dipito the "wow" offer.

Here it is...

You have carte blanche to redo the organization as you see fit...except we are keeping the Stockstills...we've already resigned almost all our scouts...and we would like you to promote this one guy internally up to scouting director to replace Jordan...

Oh, and this is no biggie i'm sure, but you have to run every trade idea or free agent signing through your coach.

You can offer any free agent what you think it will take to get him to sign...as long as its the 3rd or 4th highest offer on the table.

Feel free to sign any international prospect you like, as long as they aren't from Cuba, and cost under $25.

Why are you laughing...John! Lou! Why is this guy laughing at us!

Get the Stockstills on the phone and see if they're done shining my shoes and washing my car yet!

Are you done laughing yet. So how much are you looking to earn here, because i've got a shiny quarter with your name on it.

And how long before you can return this organization to prominence?

Also can you go pick up my dry cleaning too?

(door slams)

Here it is...

You have carte blanche to redo the organization as you see fit...except we are keeping the Stockstills...we've already resigned almost all our scouts...and we would like you to promote this one guy internally up to scouting director to replace Jordan...

Oh, and this is no biggie i'm sure, but you have to run every trade idea or free agent signing through your coach.

You can offer any free agent what you think it will take to get him to sign...as long as its the 3rd or 4th highest offer on the table.

Feel free to sign any international prospect you like, as long as they aren't from Cuba, and cost under $25.

Why are you laughing...John! Lou! Why is this guy laughing at us!

Get the Stockstills on the phone and see if they're done shining my shoes and washing my car yet!

Are you done laughing yet. So how much are you looking to earn here, because i've got a shiny quarter with your name on it.

And how long before you can return this organization to prominence?

Also can you go pick up my dry cleaning too?

(door slams)

Haha this is great.

Archived