Why I Hate The BCS Even More Tonight

BaltimoreTerp

If my response to that biased nonsense was a typical post from me, then good, because it was right on, and you ran away from the conversation afterwards.

Except that it's complete BS which, you're right, is typical of you. You tried to play connect the dots and you were wrong. I said they were better and they played better teams. Everyone doesn't always respond immediately. Instead of assuming that they are running away............... you know what forget it. You're not worth the time or energy to bother with.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except that it's complete BS which, you're right, is typical of you. You tried to play connect the dots and you were wrong. I said they were better and they played better teams. Everyone doesn't always respond immediately. Instead of assuming that they are running away............... you know what forget it. You're not worth the time or energy to bother with.

Haha, you posted in this very thread multiple times since then, but about Boise State. So yeah, it was a pretty safe assumption.

But sure, get upset because you made a definitive statement that is not supported by the facts.

If you were at all rational about the subject then this would have been over a long time ago when I made a very fair post towards about the 2004 situation that said an argument could be made either way and it would have been unjust for any of the top 3 or maybe 4 teams to be left out. Then after your odd post directed to me about not being objective, I reiterated my position, which was not anti-Auburn or pro-USC at all.

But that wasn't enough for you, so you responded to ledzep with the absurdly biased and definitive post that I quoted, now twice. That's what is the BS here. You can say my posts are BS all you like just like you can say that without question, Auburn was the best team and played the toughest schedule, but you can't support any of that. Instead of supporting your position, you resort to making it personal. Bravo on that great message board tactic.

If you were at all rational about the subject then this would have been over a long time ago when I made a very fair post towards about the 2004 situation that said an argument could be made either way and it would have been unjust for any of the top 3 or maybe 4 teams to be left out. Then after your odd post directed to me about not being objective, I reiterated my position, which was not anti-Auburn or pro-USC at all.

But that wasn't enough for you, so you responded to ledzep with the absurdly biased and definitive post that I quoted, now twice. That's what is the BS here. You can say my posts are BS all you like just like you can say that without question, Auburn was the best team and played the toughest schedule, but you can't support any of that. Instead of supporting your position, you resort to making it personal. Bravo on that great message board tactic.

I gave my opinion, which is that Auburn was the best team and played the best schedule. The computer rankings you responded with were questionable. They have a 7-5 Oregon State team in the Top 15.

As far as making things personal, I would say that you did that with the post that I responded to today. Either way, I'm done bickering with you over stupid things. You seem to have a knack for drawing people into inane arguments, so I'm backing away and ending this discussion with you.

I gave my opinion, which is that Auburn was the best team and played the best schedule. The computer rankings you responded with were questionable. They have a 7-5 Oregon State team in the Top 15.

As far as making things personal, I would say that you did that with the post that I responded to today. Either way, I'm done bickering with you over stupid things. You seem to have a knack for drawing people into inane arguments, so I'm backing away and ending this discussion with you.

You stated it as fact multiple times.

The rankings are not perfect, but they showed that USC and OU played a much tougher schedule than did Auburn. You're comeback is that Oregon State was ranked in the top 15. Such a light counter argument that it doesn't really warrant a response, but they are actually ranked 17th on that link and played the 2nd toughest schedule in the nation according to their formula. So what's the big deal here?

That's an interesting interpretation of making things personal there. I am perfectly fine with how I conducted myself in this thread. It's pretty clear who was being objective, who was actually supporting their argument, and who made things personal.

So the argument over who should have played for the title in 2004 is inane to you? Somehow I doubt that.

You stated it as fact multiple times.

So the argument over who should have played for the title in 2004 is inane to you? Somehow I doubt that.

We've had this discussion before. If you need someone to put IMO in front of everything that is clearly stated as an opinion, then....too bad.

What's inane is what the argument has turned into.

We've had this discussion before. If you need someone to put IMO in front of everything that is clearly stated as an opinion, then....too bad.

What's inane is what the argument has turned into.

And you are the one who has brought us down this path.

Others thought you were being definitive as well and if that causes problems in the way people interpret your posts then maybe you should add the imo. It's not difficult.

Still haven't heard a compelling argument for Bama having a tougher schedule than OK State.

Sagarian seems to agree.

If OK ST beats Oklahoma, they should play LSU in the title game no doubt. Sadly, we'll probably be subjugated to a 5-3 thriller! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

BUUUUUT PAAAAAAAAAAAAWLLLLLL I LAAAAAAHKKKK DEFENSE!!!!

(WarOriole, CrimsonTribe--if you haven't neg repped me already, I'm totally joking. Bama-LSU will be awesome. As I said, I love the SEC. I would personally prefer to see another team have a shot.)

Archived