Why I Hate The BCS Even More Tonight

BaltimoreTerp

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well with all due respect, the bolded isn't saying much. Every Bama/Auburn fan I've ever met thinks the other program is the second best thing in the world behind their own.

It sounds like you haven't met any Auburn or Alabama fans. I don't know of any group of fans who respect the others program so little.

With all due respect, you haven't met many Bama or Auburn fans then.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

It sounds like you haven't met any Auburn or Alabama fans. I don't know of any group of fans who respect the others program so little.

I would not say that I have met many, but I certainly have met enough to get a general feeling. They all hate the other program with a passion. I personally think it is the best rivalry in all of American sports. But if you get past the hatred, each side thinks the other side is a distant 2nd best. That's why they hate them so much.

But hey, maybe that's just the people that I know.

I would not say that I have met many, but I certainly have met enough to get a general feeling. They all hate the other program with a passion. I personally think it is the best rivalry in all of American sports. But if you get past the hatred, each side thinks the other side is a distant 2nd best. That's why they hate them so much.

Auburn is second best in the state of Alabama, but that's about it.

Have you watched the E:60 - "Roll Tide, War Eagle" yet? I thought it was awesome stuff.

Auburn is second best in the state of Alabama, but that's about it.

Considering there's a crystal football in Auburn's trophy case right now that says they are still the current defending champions, I'd object to that statement.

I actually haven't seen it yet, but, then again, I live it.

Right, I'd be interesed to hear from someone like yourself if it does a good job of accurately portraying the rivalry.

BTW, my little jab is just fun. I'm not really an Auburn fan, but my neighbor is a die hard and I've watched every Auburn game for the past 3 years now so I'm somewhat of a closet fan, though I'll always be cursed with being a Terps fan through and through!

Considering there's a crystal football in Auburn's trophy case right now that says they are still the current defending champions, I'd object to that statement.

Considering that Alabama just beat them by 28 in a game that wasn't even as close as the final score showed, your objection is overruled.

Considering that Alabama just beat them by 28 in a game that wasn't even as close as the final score showed, your objection is overruled.

Defending National Champs > Winning a regular season game.

Kind of like how even though the Ravens are 2-0 vs. the Burgh this year, they still haven't technically gotten over that hump until they are able to beat them in the playoffs or win a ring.

Defending National Champs > Winning a regular season game.

Kind of like how even though the Ravens are 2-0 vs. the Burgh this year, they still haven't technically gotten over that hump until they are able to beat them in the playoffs or win a ring.

You could look at it that way, but this isn't the NFL and we're not playing again this year. Auburn has no shot at defending their title and has to live with the fact that they got smoked for the next year. That's just the way it works down here. If you want to wait until another champion is crowned before Alabama gets bragging rights, go right ahead, but that's pretty arbitrary when we all know Auburn's been done for months.

Mike Gundy would vote Alabama to the National Championship over his own team.

"If somebody sat me down and said (I) had to make a decision," Gundy said, "with where we're at right now, Alabama lost to what would be the No. 1 team in the country LSU, and Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State.

"In our situation, if I was doing it fair, I don't know how I could put us in front of (Alabama) right now."

Sounds good to me Mike.

Archived