Jonesy staying put?

JTrea81

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
https://twitter.com/#!/MLBInsideNews/status/156551938283016193

Now extend him and end the speculation...

He's the one that started the Jurrjens/Jones hoopla that was kiboshed.

He may have sources, but a lot of info is floated around that isn't accurate.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/117466-Orioles-have-kept-tabs-on-Abreu-all-off-season-They-like-him?p=2645819&highlight=#post2645819

I don't see any reason to think the guy has sources. He 'broke' the story that Pujols was signing with the Angels for 8 yrs/$205m a day after Rosenthal broke the story that the Angels were in heavily with Pujols. He apologized to Longoria for creating a false rumor that Longoria wanted a trade, insisting someone in the Tampa organization gave him false information. If I started up a twitter account with a catchy name, I could give the impression of a better track record than this guy (not that I would ever do that.). Sorry, in my opinion he's a fake.

One thing I could see the Orioles being willing to do is get back a bigger package but perhaps not guys that are immediately ready for the majors.

For example, let's say you believe Delgado needs another 1/2 season in AAA...Maybe if you didn't add Chen, you don't make that move because you desire immediate help...But maybe now you aren't as pressed about that, so you are now content with prospects that aren't quite ML ready.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/117466-Orioles-have-kept-tabs-on-Abreu-all-off-season-They-like-him?p=2645819&highlight=#post2645819

I don't see any reason to think the guy has sources. He 'broke' the story that Pujols was signing with the Angels for 8 yrs/$205m a day after Rosenthal broke the story that the Angels were in heavily with Pujols. He apologized to Longoria for creating a false rumor that Longoria wanted a trade, insisting someone in the Tampa organization gave him false information. If I started up a twitter account with a catchy name, I could give the impression of a better track record than this guy (not that I would ever do that.). Sorry, in my opinion he's a fake.

I'm 99% sure he just follows a crap-ton of baseball writers and rephrases their tweets. He's been wrong dozens of times--if you throw enough **** against the wall, eventually some sticks.

Guest rochester

Obviously, the Chen signing, whether it works out or not, may put us in a better negotiating position with Atlanta. Depending on if and whom we get instead of JJ, Chen could be worth his $$ with the right addition (instead of JJ)...

That works for me. Give me Prado, Salcedo, and one of their decent pitching prospects (not Atl top 4)

Yeah, me too. I was never that high on JJ. If we trad Jones I'd rather get the younger higher upside pieces. Prado is still interesting tho.

Archived