Now it's REALLY over...Prince to Detroit

connja

That may be the stupidest contract in baseball history. And yes, Boras is an absolute genius. I was really thinking he would have a tough time getting $150 mm.

Well, nobody can really argue that Baltimore should have matched this deal. We won't have to have the usual debates about whether Angelos was too cheap for us to ante up, etc. That is simply insane.

Good luck to the Tigers, they will need it!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Scott Boras. He hung Fielder out there long enough until one of the idiotic owners would finally give in and give him a ridiculous contract. My federal tax dollars are probably paying for part of his salary since everything else in Detroit has been bailed out by the federal government.

I knew the Orioles had no chance in the Fielder sweepstakes for this very reason. The longer you wait the better chance one of these idiot owners will cave. Congratulations Tigers, you are now the Yankees of the central Division.

It's a deal we could never have done, but props to Detroit. They'll have one of the best lineups in the league (two 1.000 OPS potential guys!), a good bullpen, and Verlander. If they bring home a championship or two during Prince's 9 years, then it's hard to characterize the deal as a failure.

Knew you would back out of that statement.

Considering the contract he got, and the fact that the O's would have probably had to beat it to land him, I honestly believe that Trea wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the deal that would have landed Fielder.

The O's would have had to go 10/250.

Archived