Now it's REALLY over...Prince to Detroit

connja

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone think that adding Fielder automatically makes the Tigers a sure fire bet to win their division? The Brewers had Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and a much better overall team than the Tigers and look what they have done. Does it give the Tigers one of, if not the best #3 & #4 hitters, sure. Do they have Verlander. Yes. But the rest of their squad is not overly impressive and they lost V-Mart for the year which hurts them. All I am saying is that they did get better with the addition of Fielder but they are no lock to win their division or even make the playoffs.

Why does everyone think that adding Fielder automatically makes the Tigers a sure fire bet to win their division? The Brewers had Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and a much better overall team than the Tigers and look what they have done. Does it give the Tigers one of, if not the best #3 & #4 hitters, sure. Do they have Verlander. Yes. But the rest of their squad is not overly impressive and they lost V-Mart for the year which hurts them. All I am saying is that they did get better with the addition of Fielder but they are no lock to win their division or even make the playoffs.

Some stat-head (said fondly) should be able to computate the difference the Tigers will get by adding Prince and subtracting VMart.

They won by 15 games last year without Fielder. That's why.

Cot's is having an overload apparently to find out the same thing I want to know... 'WHAT'S THEIR PAYROLL ALREADY!!!'

I am glad the Orioles weren't the team to offer 9/214... and Prince is actually my favorite player.

Anyone know the answer to this? Detroit's 2012 projected payroll?

It's a deal we could never have done, but props to Detroit. They'll have one of the best lineups in the league (two 1.000 OPS potential guys!), a good bullpen, and Verlander. If they bring home a championship or two during Prince's 9 years, then it's hard to characterize the deal as a failure.

If they don't win a championship, it is one of the biggest failures in history. The A-Rod contract with Texas is probably the record for failure, while the same contract with the Yankees was not an issue. If Prince doesn't put them over the top it is an epic fail.

Archived