Wei-Yin Chen Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched it also. It was not deep at all, and the ball dribbled in on 2 bounces. Wieters was helplessly waiting, willing it to come in quicker. Cano is out by ten feet on a decent throw. And a decent throw from that short distance that Markakis threw it from is a one-hop throw, which isn't asking a lot.

IIRC (I can't find video) it would have been a one hopper, but it caught the mound which slowed the ball down. The ball was not hit that shallow.

Further, if anyone was the goat in that game it was Reynolds and not Markakis, not sure how you bring up Markakis before Reynolds.

IIRC (I can't find video) it would have been a one hopper, but it caught the mound which slowed the ball down. The ball was not hit that shallow.

Further, if anyone was the goat in that game it was Reynolds and not Markakis, not sure how you bring up Markakis before Reynolds.

I never said that Markakis was the goat of the game. There was plenty to go around in that department on both sides of the ball in that game. I made a simple statement that a decent throw from him would have gotten Chen out of the inning with 6 complete innings with only one run, because this is a Chen thread. And yes, Reynolds play at third was worse than Nick's throw, but if Nick had made a decent throw and gotten Cano at the plate, the inning would have been over right then and there.

Nice Hold by O'day ! Chen clearly ran out of gas.

Buck seems to be pushing our starters to go 6 or 7 even when they appear to be tiring, I think he's trying to instill some sort of sense in them that they need to be shooting for 7 innings every time they go out.

Last week Chen gave up a ton of fly balls, many of them to the track. Balls that would probably go out in June once the ball starts carrying at OPACY. I was concerned that he might be an extreme fly ball pitcher. Tonight was a totally different story.

Archived