4/30 vs Yankees

Going Underground

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To live and die by the home run and a chronic inability to put the ball in play with a runner at third makes for a very tough recipe against the Yankees. Or anyone over the long haul.

Oh I agree with your thoughts I just think his hand might have gotten there before he was tagged in the shoulder or wherever it was.

He doesn't know it's going to end up that far away. You make up your mind to go and go. Some bad luck there imo.

Doesn't matter. You don't take the chance. The ball was partially blocked and right in front of Nick to see it. Unless I see it go through to the back stop i don't run my team out of the inning.

Too many holes in this lineup. Hardy and Reynolds need to get off the deck and start to hit.And that includes Markakis.The Orioles cant depend on the same four guys.

You are right but tonight has been about bad luck, plain and simple. We have squared alot of balls up right at them, Tex's hit in the second might of been foul right before the HR.

It was kind of stupid.....any percentage of stupid is well....stupid

It really wasn't that stupid. Honestly, when that ball first bounces I would've gone/sent Markakis as well. He was out by not that much, and Martin reacted extremely quickly, and any combination of Martin not reacting as perfectly/the ball not bouncing with such backspin and Markakis would've been safe.

It really wasn't that stupid. Honestly, when that ball first bounces I would've gone/sent Markakis as well. He was out by not that much, and Martin reacted extremely quickly, and any combination of Martin not reacting as perfectly/the ball not bouncing with such backspin and Markakis would've been safe.

It was that stupid. W/o question - a hit gives us the lead there. And we had Kuroda down 2-0 against a guy w/ a hit off of him already.

Oh I agree with your thoughts I just think his hand might have gotten there before he was tagged in the shoulder or wherever it was.

Yeah, on the replay, it looked a lot closer than Y's radio said (they sd Markakis was way out). Martin's throw beat him, but Kakes curved around Kuroda so well his forearm was over the plate at the same time but don't know if he made contact w/ the plate.

I generally agree with this. It really was some bad luck for the O's/good luck for the Yanks. The ONLY thing I fault Nick for is that on replay, you can see that he was a bit flat-footed as he hesitated for a split-second. If he had broken instantly, I think he may have gotten a hand on the plate before Kuroda got the tag on...but it still would have been close.

Doesn't matter. You don't take the chance. The ball was partially blocked and right in front of Nick to see it. Unless I see it go through to the back stop i don't run my team out of the inning.

That's one way to look at it. Be conservative etc. but I'd rather have the guy go right away than have him hem and haw whether to go or not. It looked like it was going further away than what it did imo. By the time he waits to see where the ball goes, it's not worth going anyway. I have no problem with that play with 2 outs.

Archived