4/30 vs Yankees

Going Underground

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've been only down by one run for six innings--but it felt like we're down by three or four. I guess it's from knowing who pitches for the Y's in the 8th and 9th.

well said

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

And anything not a hit.. short of an error would net nothing. Let's be honest, if this were any other opponent, nobody would be making this big of a deal about it.

And all it gets us is a tie. We still need a hit to get in the tie-breaking run, and we have Robertson and Rivera waiting for us.

Frankly, I think anyone but Nick (say, Adam) and folks would be far more apoplectic. I love Nick, but he gets a free pass sometimes that I don't fathom.

It was that stupid. W/o question - a hit gives us the lead there. And we had Kuroda down 2-0 against a guy w/ a hit off of him already.
That's one way to look at it. Be conservative etc. but I'd rather have the guy go right away than have him hem and haw whether to go or not. It looked like it was going further away than what it did imo. By the time he waits to see where the ball goes, it's not worth going anyway. I have no problem with that play with 2 outs.

I have no problem with being aggressive in the right situation. It was the wrong time to be aggressive.

And all it gets us is a tie. We still need a hit to get in the tie-breaking run, and we have Robertson and Rivera waiting for us.

Frankly, I think anyone but Nick (say, Adam) and folks would be far more apoplectic. I love Nick, but he gets a free pass sometimes that I don't fathom.

I'm may be as down on Nick as anybody on the board. I don't have any issues with that play.

Archived