Deals will get done if...

bigbird

Besides, many scouts project Rowell to move to 1B and Snyder could move to LF. Why would you pass on LaRoche for lesser prospects because you have two potential 3B who will start this year in High A?

I think most project Snyder and Rowell to be ready by late 2009. If AM believes this team isn't ready to compete until 2010 it certainly sounds like he projects those two as important cogs in the offense. I don't think there's been enough commentary to project Rowell as more of a 1B. At this point he's our future 3B.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the possible trades and looking what kind of team we will be sporting:

Tejada for Wood and Saunders (BB did we up the ante once Cabrera was sent to the tigers?)

Roberts for Pie and Patterson

Bedard for Kershaw, Either, LaRoche

Trade Mora and Hernadez for young BP arms?

Patterson 2b (25 with 5 years deal FA)

Pie CF (23)

Markakis RF (24)

Ethier LF (25)

Wood SS (23)

LaRoche 3b (24)

Huff/Millar 1b (too old..replaced by Rowell/Texeria)

Huff/Millar DH (Rowell/Synder)

Hernandaz C (too old ....Replaced with Weiters)

Loewen(24), Guts(29 but will be cheap for 5 years), Cabrera(27), Liz (25), Olson/Penn (24/22)

Am I the only one getting extremely exicted to see that team?

Let's cut to the chase here, because that will determine if anything gets done. Can any of the insiders comment on these two questions?

IS ANGELOS DEMANDING THAT THE OTHER TEAM PAY MOST OR ALL OF TEJADA'S CONTRACT ?

IS HE FORCING THE FRONT OFFICE TO ASK FOR TOO MUCH?

Let's cut to the chase here, because that will determine if anything gets done. Can any of the insiders comment on these two questions?

IS ANGELOS DEMANDING THAT THE OTHER TEAM PAY MOST OR ALL OF TEJADA'S CONTRACT ?

IS HE FORCING THE FRONT OFFICE TO ASK FOR TOO MUCH?

Why does 13 million for an All-Star SS matter? We shouldn't even be asked to pay for Tejada contract. HE IS A BARGIN

He had arthoscopic surgery and is aleady tossing the ball down

He had arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum and clean up his shoulder. The words surgery and torn labrum are never a good thing. Tossing the ball and hurling it at 90+ MPH with control are two different things...

That's not what I asked.
Belkast has clearly already stated that he believes the ball is 100% in MacPhail's court. Bigbird has said that his guy is worried Angelos wouldn't allow a Roberts deal. Peace has said his guy (outside the organization) thinks Angelos may still be involved.

I believe you underestimate LaRoche. He is major league ready and a top 25 prospect in all of baseball. He is about as close to Adam Jones and Felix Pie as those two are to Kershaw - it's really splitting hairs. LaRoche is rated very highly.

I think you misread his first paragraph. He meant we should not focus on LaRoche because LA is apparently set on keeping him, not that he wasn't good enough for us.

FWIW, I agree and said so earlier. I would try to get Kemp and Kershaw and in the end I would probably settle for one of them if I couldn't find a better deal (probably Kershaw, Ethier, +1).

He had arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum and clean up his shoulder. The words surgery and torn labrum are never a good thing. Tossing the ball and hurling it at 90+ MPH with control are two different things...

Hmm I did not know that

Does anyone know if a Kemp, Billingsley, Hu deal has a chance of happening? I'm a big fan of Bilingsley and I'd love to see him in an O's uniform if it's possible.

No chance. Billingsley is not only as highly regarded as Kershaw but is also a part of their ML rotation. He isn't going anywhere, especially not with Kemp in the same deal.

I think you misread his first paragraph. He meant we should not focus on LaRoche because LA is apparently set on keeping him, not that he wasn't good enough for us.

I think this is still open to question. There have been enough reports, especially during the time that ARod was available, that lend creedence to the notion that the Dodgers are interested in having someone more proven than LaRoche start at 3rd, and their confidence is not high in Nomar's durability.

LaRoche has a lot of upside, but has yet to prove much at the ML level. His ranking in the prospect charts notwithstanding, Colletti would be foolish not to move him for a clearly more important piece. I agree with those who think that LA's interest in keeping LaRoche at all costs is, to a great degree, posturing on Colletti's part. On the other hand, it would not be the end of the world for the Dodgers if he was their opening day starter, so I think there are indeed limits as to how far they can be pushed on LaRoche. I don't believe for a second he's untouchable.

I do have some sympathy for Colletti though, if he's feeling a little shell-shocked from all the greedy demands from other clubs. :D

Couple tidbits from Rotoworld:

Free agent Tadahito Iguchi told GM Dan O'Dowd that he'd answer the Rockies' proposal by Mondya or Tuesday.

It's believed the Rockies have offered Iguchi a two-year deal to become their second baseman. Since it doesn't seem likely that the Phillies will be able to get a waiver, allowing them to re-sign Iguchi before May 15, there's a good chance Iguchi will end up in Colorado.

I wonder if this pushes us to figure out the Roberts situation sooner.

The Giants are no longer interested in Miguel Tejada, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

There's a good chance Tejada wouldn't have wanted to move to third base for a non-contender anyway. The Giants haven't ruled out going with Kevin Frandsen at third and Ray Durham at second next season. They'll know tonight whether Pedro Feliz is going to accept their offer of arbitation.

So who is actually interested right now? Maybe the Angels, and the Astros?

If we get Wood in the Angels deal can him or Hu play second base. I'd say that Hu probably could, but that's just a guess. However, I thought he was pretty slick with the glove at SS. LaRoche would obviously be our 3B so no room for Wood there.

So where would Wood play?

I noticed Antonelli moved from 3B to 2B in the Padre's system. Since Wood started as a SS, I would think that would mean his skill set may make it an easier move to 2B than someone who started at 3B.

LaRoche 3B, Hu SS and Wood 2B would be a nice infield!

Archived