Markakis broke Hamate bone

xian4

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Rookie Xavier Avery was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk on Tuesday, but he could be recalled before the 10-day minimum requirement if he's replacing a player on the disabled list. However, he's batting leadoff tonight for the Tides, so he's not heading to Tamp"Some people in the organization want Avery to continue playing every day at Triple-A after he got into a bad habit of trying to pull the ball on every swing."

"Norfolk outfielders Lew Ford, Jai Miller and Jamie Hoffman are being discussed as possible replacements for Markakis. Ford is batting .370 with two homers, six RBIs and a 941 OPS in 12 games with the Tides after signing out of the independent Atlantic League.

Executive vice president Dan Duquette also is looking outside the organization for available outfielders.".....:scratchchinhmm:

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/05/markakis-to-undergo-surgery-tomorrow-for-broken-bone.html

Thank you for the info, Gordo.

panic.jpg

Done. I'm going to enjoy tomorrow's victory over the Rays, as Chen pitches a good game to give us a shot in the arm. :)

We'll start the Markakis 2012 3-4 week DL stint era with a record of 1-0. :cool:

Done. I'm going to enjoy tomorrow's victory over the Rays, as Chen pitches a good game to give us a shot in the arm. :)

We'll start the Markakis 2012 4-week DL stint era with a record of 1-0. :cool:

I actually feel confident playing Tampa.

Who would that be?

Some guys...

Gerardo Parra, D'Backs

Chris Heisey, Reds

David DeJesus, Cubs

Josh Willingham, Twins

Nate McLouth, Pirates *recently DFA'd (he's awful though)

Carlos Quentin, Padres

Allen Craig, Cardinals

John Jay, Cardinals

*so Matt Adams can continue to play when Berkman comes back

We're riding a 5-game losing streak.

Our starting pitchers got hammered badly in the first 2 games of the Blue Jays series.

The only signs of life that our offense has shown since our last win on Friday has been when we are down by 6 or 7 runs (a 9th-inning rally in Monday's loss when we were down 6-0, and we scored 2 runs and brought the tying run to the on-deck circle before losing ...... and Tuesday, when we cut an 8-1 deficit to 8-6 in the final inning before picking up another "L.")

Our starting right-fielder is out 3-4 weeks, creating a second hole in the outfield, in addition to the one that was already there in left-field.

We've already sent Tommy Hunter down to AAA, and Jake Arrieta has gotten spanked in his last 2 starts.

IF EVER there was a time for some Orioles Magic, it's now. :eektf:

Just win some games, fellows. I don't care how you do it ........ just get it done.

Archived