vs. D-RAYS 6/03

OFFNY

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a bone spur (That he should have had removed a year earlier) not TJ surgery.

Jake has a career ERA+ of 83. That is not irreplaceable.

His ceiling and talent aren't replaceable. You need power arms in this division. I am not saying Jake doensn't have to step up, he does.

I doubt it. The way they are handling him doesn't suggest that next year they would be aggresive with him.

The way they are handling him now has everything to do with his innings cap.

They have a financial interest in aggressively promoting Bundy.

It is a generally sound bet to assume teams will do what is in their best interest financially.

I doubt it. The way they are handling him doesn't suggest that next year they would be aggresive with him.

Well, as you said, show me a better pitcher in the organization. At least three of our starters are big questionmarks right now as far as I'm concerned; any one of them could pretty much head into a 2011 Matusz-esque slump at any time (including Matusz himself; a half dozen solid starts is not enough to convince me that he's going to stabilize.)

We need arms, and we don't have a NYY or TEX or BOS budget to buy our way to a championship rotation. We need to use who we've got. If that means being slightly aggressive with Bundy, so be it. (Not that I would want him to go out there and get steamrolled and lose his confidence, but a little early might not be a deal-breaker. And a lot of folks on here have said they are sure Dylan will be in the rotation at some time next year, even some time before September.)

Archived